Author: chinpatriot

The future of the Chinese language [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-19 13:57:29 |Display all floors

Reply #1 chinpatriot's post

Trouble is, while PUTONGHUA is easy to converse in, reading Chinese could be quite tough for many people in our contemporary world.

Many people just don't have the memory power needed to learn the Chinese language.
Worse, the use of the WRITTEN CHINESE script and the pronounciation of the PUTONGHUA is limited to region of the New Middle Kingdom.

For it to go INTERNATIONAL, it would need to penetrate lingo of finance, science, international diplomacy, popular culture, attractive place to live!

not so soon, i agree with mr. Zhoupu!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 14:02:26 |Display all floors

Reply #16 joeching's post

i always wonder why CHINESE SCRIPT educated people tend to do better in MATHEMATICs?

Why is it so?
Any theories, mr. ching?

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 14:15:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2009-1-18 10:02 PM
i always wonder why CHINESE SCRIPT educated people tend to do better in MATHEMATICs?

Why is it so?
Any theories, mr. ching?

Green DRagon
Game Master

brains trained by the analogous language(the pictorial character of china) have a few more dimensions of thoughts than the digitally trained brains.

being precise, like english, also means being narrow and machine-like.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 14:19:53 |Display all floors
Idiot,

The major problem with people who have been around China for a long time is that they've seen dramatic changes but they don't put those into perspective properly because, usually, they're not well-versed in economic development generally. The move from completely backward to half-way backward involves dramatic modernizations which reshape society rapidly but from there on it's harder. I would just point out that Korea has been modernizing longer than China and its QOL still lags. The same is true of TWN.

Once you get past simple labor economy, the road to modernism is much longer.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 14:25:05 |Display all floors

Reply #19 joeching's post

i think English language is not so machine-like but easier to learn since it uses phonetics and alphabets to represent sounds.

boy! you are somewhat NEGATIVE against the English language.

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 15:14:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2009-1-19 10:26
Maybe they won't? Maybe some will as some have already done, successfully. Why would the rest of the world bother? Unlike Chinese, most people around the worlod have grown up bilingual or even mult ...

Why don't you learn Chinese?

Chinese is the language of the future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-19 15:17:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2009-1-18 10:25 PM

boy! you are somewhat NEGATIVE against the English language.

that's because it's NEGATIVE  against us.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.