Author: joeching

FUTURE OF LANGUAGES [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-16 03:37:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2009-1-15 03:54

i would rather give my vote to korean.

also,a universal language is not created(by an egomaniac), it creates itself, like my natural language programming language.  and it would spread only when people needs to survive on it.

I don't know enough about Korean to comment on this point, so I'll stay out of that. But as for the creator of Esperanto being an egomanic, you obviously know little about him. First off, he created the language to help people, and even became poor owing to all he money he'd invested in the language. Add to that that he himself was willing to revise his language as long as everyone could agree to it. So no, he was no egomaniac, and that is part of the reason his language succeeded. He'd breathed a breath of life, culture, justice and brotherhood into his language, based on the internal idea of the language.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 03:41:37 |Display all floors
To seneca. As for English being adopted voluntarily, I don't fully agree, depending on how we define 'voluntarily'. I've heard people in both Quebec and China claim that they support compulsory English in their country or province because they have 'no choice'.

Now we could argue that if other countries do give their students more choice, that they therefore do have a choice. But if they believe that they have no choice, then in fact they don't, eve if only because they belive that they have no choice. In other words, their ignorance eliminates choice.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 03:43:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2009-1-16 02:56

i m also promoting english but as a universal technical language.  i just want to remove all it's discriminating features like grammar, spelling and pronounciation.

If you're promoting a strictly tehnical language for international communication, then aren't you promoting the same lack of culture you've been criticizing? Which is it?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 04:17:29 |Display all floors

No Choice... De Facto?

Or no choice... at Gunpoint?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 04:35:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2009-1-13 17:19
FUTURE OF LANGUAGES

Today's communication is monopolized by English.  And the discriminating nature of English has made most of us voiceless.  We need to reassess our basic approach to language  ...

wonderful, or höllä cool, schrötig aber nötig, go'on this is marvellous....

btw farsi is most outstanding to listen to as mandinka or wolof, most africans speak to six african languages at least.....

btw has the german substituted solar technology made its way to africa, waiting...............bring this solarpanels on snowball spreading
to africa, this will solve so many problems, like studying at nighttime............

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 10:24:06 |Display all floors

Newspeak

Remember Newspeak in 1984 ? The principle is being used currently to reduce the vocabulary of
the Proles.With the demise of reading most Proles have a declining vocabulary determined by the
sitcoms and other rubbish they watch on FAUX. This is highly beneficial,as Winston's colleague at the
Ministry of Truth explained.It makes Thoughcrime less likely since the vocabulary required for non
orthodox thought does not exist.Try to tell the average Prole that 9/11 was an inside job or that all people are created equal.How can a raghead or a n*gger be equal to someone brainwashed by FAUX since
birth and who believe "ragheads" couple with camels.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 10:33:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NYChinatown at 2009-1-15 11:14 AM

vietnamese is much easier...just try out vdict.com if you're ready roll  

vietnamese has to wait until i m done with korean and japanese, just as on the waiting list for asia unification.
ASIA UNIFICATION

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.