Author: joeching

FUTURE OF LANGUAGES [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-14 13:56:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2009-1-13 17:19
FUTURE OF LANGUAGES

Today's communication is monopolized by English.  And the discriminating nature of English has made most of us voiceless.  We need to reassess our basic approach to language  ...

based on population numbers, :)

CHINESE is the MOST USED!!!!

2nd comes Latin, german, spanish, urdu, Greek,etc commonly

jumbled up to call pidgin english
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 14:02:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2009-1-14 13:56

based on population numbers, :)

CHINESE is the MOST USED!!!!

2nd comes Latin, german, spanish, urdu, Greek,etc commonly

jumbled up to call pidgin english

but sadly

there are people who doesn't know to use the language well

as you, you can not speak well the chinese, ur pinyin is terrrible bad

and ur english is always a guess, aiyaaaaa

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 14:05:59 |Display all floors
Chinese as the future of language!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 14:06:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mariame at 2009-1-14 14:05
Chinese as the future of language!

YEES,

but GAYS NOT
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 14:23:04 |Display all floors

Reply #10 mariame's post

yes i agree 1000%

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 22:06:08 |Display all floors

the viet minh is on top of this...

pretty soon you all will have 2B able & capable of VIETNAMESE...and i'm more than ready already  

BTW...ask uncle HO yourself if you have any doubts  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-15 00:52:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joeching at 2009-1-14 07:55

this is the major difference between liberal-art types and us techies.  we care about contents rather than the decoration around it.  and we are extremely allergic when reality is distorted by fancy words.  so, let it be a punishment to english and all native english speaking ethnic people, for all the lies that were told in english.  LET'S TRASH ENGLISH.

btw, the lies actually led to the trash of the chinese language(by propagandizing the greatest civilization ever existed as backward, so the language need to be modified.  some even wanted to make alphabetical).

my proposal actually only want to borrow english as a temporary computer language. at this point, i already see the potential of korean to replace english as such, once the commercial aspect of english is not so dominant.  

If you were such a techie as you claim, you would have recognized long ago from simple mathematical calculations that English is highly inefficient as far as 'international' languages are concerned.

You do have a point about Korean though. I don't know how easy the spoken language is, but I have read a fair bit on its script, and have even come across debates as to which is easier to learn between the Korean script and the Roman script, owing to the fact taht the Korean script is a planned one, systematically designed to be easy to learn. I'm surprised that a 'techie' like yourself could come up with nothing better than 'let's trash English'. From a self-proclaimed 'techie' I would have expected somthing a little more logical, like for example a systematic analysis of the structure of the language to identify why language x would be more technically suitable than language Y. After all, tehnical analysis is what techies are supposed to be good at.

So if you're such a techie, why is it that you never pointed out your reasons for Korean, such as the logical structure of its script compared to that of English, or the phoneticity of Koren compared to the ideosyncracies of English spelling?

Are you really a 'techie'?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.