Views: 8117|Replies: 16

Please dont behave like an arrogant prick when you are in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-12 13:55:20 |Display all floors
First of all, i am no racist by any means.  I definitely welcome all you foreigners coming here and countribute to our economics. Secondly, I dont have any weird complex/hatred against foreigners since i had fun and was treated friendly when i lived in abroad. But i hope some of you guys can at least be polite when you are in China. This is what i came through few days ago:

Me and my friends came to a nightclub and saw quite a few people standing by the door, so we asked the two blokes(Yanks) standing in front of us if they were queueing in English.(cause if not we would just walk straight in) One of them was like, 'are you trying to impress with your english?'  What an arse. As a straight male i defnitely have no intention to impress a ruthless male foreigner, especially not with my 'english'. Now i learned, one should never be arsed to use english when in China. So next time, when some of you fellows get screwed because of language probs, dont complain we chinese are not friendly/helpful enough since we dont want to 'impress' you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-12 14:32:25 |Display all floors

Yes and No.......

Yes - You are right. Some foreigners do behave like complete "animals" when here. Some of them doing or saying things they wouldn't dare do in their own countries. Fortunatelly it is only a minority, although they give us all a bad name.

No- You are not right to generalize. As I told you most of  "us foreigners" here are not arrogant nor patronizing. Most of "us foreigners" we lead a very simple and peaceful life with our couples and children. Some of "us foreigners" we even have our kids schooled at local Chinese schools.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-15 21:07:08 |Display all floors
First of all, you went to a nightclub.

If you know nightclubs, you know that you're bound to meet a dickhead sometime on the night, just unfortunate that it had to be so soon. As for you being a straight male, I'm sure the arse didn't mean it that way. As for him being a ruthless foreigner, you give him too much credit.

Secondly, where were you when you lived abroad?
The Doctor is here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-15 21:34:39 |Display all floors

you TALK 2 much...

Originally posted by johnnymarr at 2009-1-12 00:55
First of all, i am no racist by any means.  I definitely welcome all you foreigners coming here and countribute to our economics. Secondly, I dont have any weird complex/hatred against foreigners s ...

you SHOULD do like i/we do...get your buddies ready & give 'em a show after they have left the club (simple & done effectively)  

*next time try it first then tell me afterward...and i dont ask people the way you have asked 'em (i'd say to 'em like, lemme pass thru yawl)  

BTW...i dont ask 4 trouble but i love 2 see 'em comin'; part of my body exercise w/o goin to the gym  ;P:lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-15 21:58:36 |Display all floors
Ignore the troll ^ above there.

He sounds like he's about 12.
The Doctor is here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 00:19:05 |Display all floors

even worst than at twelve...

that's why i'm what i'm today  

*yeah yeah yeah i need to have my rear end adjust  ;P

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-16 00:30:23 |Display all floors

no doubt that you're SOOO right...

Originally posted by lsdbeta at 1/15/09 08:58 AM
Ignore the troll ^ above there.

He sounds like he's about 12.

he's prolly so sick of livin'  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.