Author: jhony_cheung

Let's Try To Write Articles that ...... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-13 20:29:27 |Display all floors

Here is the solutions....

Dear Thunderbird,

I am very happy to get your comment, although I do hope more comments from CD members...
Let's discuss about it
I am not telling that my ideas are prefect, but consider this....

Let's try to write articles that persuade people to take a real action ( to benefit us )
Since it is for a good intention
Don't think so much about the results...
Don't be hesitate about so many things

As the old saying goes..."think three times before taking any action"
But think too much and too long, will make us afraid of taking any action

Too much calculation, will make us afraid of taking actions !!!

Here is the worst risk if we try to write articles that persuade people to take a real action :
1) No one are willing to comment our articles
2) Someone will angry with us, because they misjudge our good intention or they accused us trying to be  their boss
3) CD moderator will not post your articles if they judge the articles will harm someones..

In this case, the risk is very small
Although you failed, it won't kill you...
So, JUST DO IT

Thanks, Thunderbird...
Let's discuss more
For a lot of your questions, I don't think that I have to answer them
Do you matter ?

Now, let's analyze a simple fact :

We are working for about 10 years in a company, where we know, it is a ceiling position.
We won't be promoted anymore
This is the highest position we can achieved
Our salary is good enough for our family

We can keep working there for the rest of our life, without any improvement
Or we can find other works or start a business

As the old saying goes..."think three times before taking any action"
Yes, there is a lot of risk
Other works may not be suitable, business can be fail and you lost all of your money

IF WE KEEP AFRAID OF SO MUCH RISK, WE WON'T TAKE ANY ACTION FOR THE REST OF OUR LIFE
INDEED, IF YOU DON'T TAKE ANY ACTION, YOU ALSO HAVE A RISK (a lot of us don't realize this fact)
MAYBE YOU CAN BE SO SUCCESS, IF YOU TAKE AN ACTION

SO, LET'S PLAY WITH THE RISK, A SAFE PLAY
TRY TO FIND OTHER JOBS, GO FOR INTERVIEW SEVERAL TIMES
THERE YOU CAN ANALYZE YOUR OWN ABILITY

IF NO MORE CALL FOR OTHER JOBS AFTER SEVERAL INTERVIEW, IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS. SO KEEP WORKING FOR YOUR OLD COMPANY, BUT LEARN MORE SKILLS, TAKE A VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS, ETC. TRY ANOTHER INTERVIEWS YEARS AFTER...

IF THERE'S A CALL, ASK FOR A MUCH MORE HIGHER SALARY. SET UP A MINDSET THAT YOU ARE NOT INTEND TO GET THE JOB, SO YOU DON'T TAKE A RISK NOT BEING ELECTED. IF THEY ELECTED YOU ALTHOUGH YOU ASK FOR A MUCH MORE HIGHER SALARY, ASK THEM ABOUT THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT. You change the rules of the games : it is you who select the right company, not they select the candidate. AFTER SEVERAL INTERVIEWS, YOU CAN LEARN MUCH MORE ABOUT YOUR ABILITY. TO TAKE THE NEW JOB OR TO REJECT IT IS your own consideration.

IF IT IS ABOUT BUSINESS, LEARN A LOT MORE FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FOR A LONG TIME. ASK FOR ADVICES FROM ENTREPRENEURS....someone you know or you don't know. Don't ever seek advice from workers, not entrepreneurs....

ONLY BRILIANT IDEAS WITHOUT ANY REAL ACTION ARE THE SAME AS RUBBISH
SIMPLE IDEAS BUT TRANSFORMED INTO REAL ACTION IS MUCH MUCH BETTER

Remember this :
ALBERT EINSTEIN has ever said "Insanity is doing the same thing, but hoping different results".
If we keep doing the same thing in our life, but expect different result, then we are insane
If we are not rich and keep doing the same thing in our life, but expect to be rich, then we are insane

If our marriage is not happy and we keep behaving the same, but expect the marriage become a happy one or expect our partner to change their behaviour, then we are insane....we should start to take a real action for ourselves...be more romantic...etc

If we failed so many times and we keep doing the same or behave the same, blame the condition, blame our boss, blame our partners, blame our family, blame other else, then we are insane...

We should always make a self-instropection, then take actions to make it better....

THERE'S ALWAYS A RISK, IF YOU TAKE AN ACTION
BUT THERE'S ALSO A RISK, IF YOU DON'T TAKE AN ACTION

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-13 22:19:39 |Display all floors

Hm...

... so this thread is less than contributing articles to the China Daily BBS - and more of attempt by a few to rabble rouse for their own purposes?  Maybe a few angry demostrations in Beijing perhaps?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-13 22:37:47 |Display all floors

dont see you make a start yet..

Originally posted by jhony_cheung at 1/10/09 08:55 AM
Let's don't turn Chinadaily forum into NATO forum (NATO mean No Action Talk Only)

Let's try to write articles that persuades people to take real actions....

Let's stop discussing and discussi ...

we're waiting 4 you to lead us in this "baby new year"  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-14 05:21:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jhony_cheung at 2009-1-13 20:29
Dear Thunderbird,

I am very happy to get your comment, although I do hope more comments from CD members...
Let's discuss about it
I am not telling that my ideas are prefect, but consider this. ...

I see your points

##########################################################################################################

Taking action or not is a process of making individual choices...it is very personal

Your example has illustrated that most people when confronted with issue of changes

They most often would consider the risk factors too

In fact, there are many groups of people who view risk differently....because people are different in personality and temperament

Some would just plunge into action

Some would think twice

Some would wait up to two or three years

##########################################################################################################

A different perspective on ....let write articles that would motivate people into designated action(s)!

It is like coming up with an effective advertisement

How are people responding to an advertisement?

Is the advertisement effective?

What are the factors behind an effective advertisement?

That's a million dollars question!

If anyone knows the sure answer...I believe he/she would not be typing the answer here

He/she would be making millions and billions for big and small institutions (including nations of the world)!

I agree...there is a fine line between being careful and being procrastinated

If  "too" careful...no action will be seen for a hundred year

but if not careful enough...sh*t will hit the fence faster than you can turn your head!

Is it easy to write an article that would motivate people to take certain action(s)?
Are we all ready to write such an article?
What should we motivate people to do assuming that we all know how to write such an article?
Are we writing as a group or individually?

Now this bring the issue back to all my old questions

-How to resolve conflict in contradictory action plans?
-How to know one's action plan is just and fair for others?
-How to judge one's action plan is based on valid data and not bias information?
-What if people don't agree with your reasons behind your action plans?
-What if you have overestimated your target readers because you just don't know who they are?
-What if you can not do what you preach due to uncontrollable factors in your life?
-What if CD is not the right platform for launching any meaningful action plans?

:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.