Author: susansusan

diary of January,2009 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-2-2 11:44:31 |Display all floors
now the moderate is more responsible to take care of here ,excecute up and down rule to reccomend thread.It's good. However I suggest it's better decided by our readers which one should be reccomended,which one is not.It's more democratic .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-2 15:18:58 |Display all floors
where is susan? did he come back home to date with her bf?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-3 09:18:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by allenmiao at 2009-2-2 03:18 PM
where is susan? did he come back home to date with her bf?

Forget all about blind-date or date, I got none during holidays, what a pity.
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-4 16:43:52 |Display all floors

how did i spend my spring festival?

Happy 牛Year!

How time flies!Eight days have passed since the beginning of the spring festival.

Staying at the office,my mind was still lingering on, recalling the happiness of the past days.

Maybe the boss was so good a citizen, he arranged the holiday, strictly in accordance with the rules made by the central government.
As a white collar, I had a short holiday of seven days.Aware of the tight schedue, I spent it so carefully.

During the last day of the lunar calendar(the 30th of twelfth lunar month),my holiday begun eventually. I stayed at home, indeed,  that is my sister's house, doing the cleaning and pasting the couplets, which I am sure, will bring us good fortune and happiness.Due to my diligence, the work came to an end finally.

In the afternoon, I became spared.Just as the Chinese saying goes, on festive occasions more than ever, one thinks of one's dear ones far away;I sent my best wishes to my friends and relatives, as well as my dear teachers working both in Xi'an and Baoji.

In the evening, with great eagerness, I waited for the spring festival gala,specially arranged by CCTV for the happy occasion, since I really needed to chill out after working so hard for several months. Everything comes to him who waits.The anchorpersons, worn the fashionable costumes, appeared in the screen at last.Accompanied by my beloved ones,I watched the programme attentively.

From time to time, We were amazed by the quick wit of the actors and actresses, who are so good at playing comic dialogue(xiangsheng in Chinese);when the earthquake was mentioned by the compere, tears welled down upon my cheeks;yet my heart was filled with light-heartedness and comforts when getting to know that the quake-afflicted people were settled down with the concerted effort made by the central government and the kind people. With great satisfaction, I was so thankful for the marvelous job done by the hosts and the work stuff, appreciating of the beauty originated from the arts and the great wisdom of the human beings.

As time went on, the new year started with the ringing of the bell near by. The cracking sound of the firecrackers reminded us the arrival of the new year,just as the westerners do, my elder sister and I, both majoring in English, made resolutions for the up-coming new year.
Maybe we were really too exhausted, we fell a sound sleep quickly.
We got up quite early since my late grandfather once said that those who rise early on the first day of the new year would be certainly better-off.

According to the tradition in my hometown,we ate noodles with pork and other delicious ingredients(shaozi mian, famous in my hometown, fengxian,the official place for Su Shi, the great poetry composer and the county magistrate in Song danasty).After that, accompanied by my elder sister and me, we drove to the tourist attractions here in Ningbo and we had a wonderful time there.After wondering around for so long,I felt dog-tired.

I planned to take a rest in the following days.Yet when knowing that the live broadcast of the English  Speaking Contest sponsored by CCTV 9,cosponsored by Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press would start from Jan 28th to Jan 30th, I , a keen English learner,  filled with great excitedness and happiness, was so determined to watch it till its very end.

The performance of the contestants was really remarkable, and I felt so impressed about the fluency and expressiveness of the competitors, and was so impressive about their skillful command of English.

When the competition came to an end, I came to realise that I have to start working right away.Though short it was, I still enjoyed myself the most.

The whole year's work depends on a good start in spring.It is true that we have to prepare in spring, and then it will be fruitful in autumn.Many complexes flashed upon my mind. A lazy youth, a lousy age.I come to realize that I am still hopeful though a green hand I am. Then I will try my utmost to develop my potential to the fullest, and after that I will have my dream come true.

With this, I fell into asleep, with exhaustion, yet also with soundness.

Hope all the best and try my best for a better 2009.

Happy 牛 year.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-4 20:24:34 |Display all floors

Reply #382 ganxiaohui's post

Nice diary and nice Spring Festival, the old all gone with the time and the fresh came, Spring opens her eyes for the lifeful earth, we are all expecting a exquisite in 2009.
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.