Author: susansusan

diary of January,2009 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-1-3 08:53:11 |Display all floors
Saturday, January 03, 2009
Exporting
Yesterday, I have a talk with one of the boss’s friend, he operated a furniture factory which makes metal bed, he wants to open export market and asks me how to do export business.
He doesn’t have any experience or knowledge about exporting, and his factory is only sell goods to domestic market, he opens a store in furniture center, get order from there and make furniture in his factory. It is a big furniture market in Shunde. For most of the small factory, they operate their business in this way, and earn money out of that.
As for exporting, many factories do export business, but very few of them have export license. Mostly they find an agent for custom clearance, as well as export documentations. They find a people that can speak English to deal with that kind of stuff.
Mostly they get the foreign customers through trade shows, B2B business, etc. Or when they are looking for someone that handles export business, they write in the requirements:” the person must have xx years working experiences in xx field and should have own customer recourse.” That requirement is tough, very few person willing to work for that kind of factory, that mean the factory doesn’t have any support or advertisement for the goods, it is hard to get business and build self-reputation.
I have read all the time, that the boss provide the computer, telephone and ask the export seller to get order from Internet, try the B2B website, and that is very hard too, very possible that several months or even half a year can’t get one order, or maybe someone is very in luck, like the lottery, they may get the order very soon, but however, that possibility is very small.
The trade show is the best way to get order, we talk to customers directly in person, we know their requirement and they stop by when find someone interest, nobody is going to spend the time in a booth for nothing, it is kind of wasting time. Their buying intention is clear, they get the information they need and get the catalogue, listen to the presentation of the goods, or if they think it is worthy, appoint a time to come to the factory for visit.
The guy asked me the question like this:” if the customer finds the prices too high, and they are not likely to place order, how to convince the customers and place order?”
For that question, I don’t know that how to answer, from my experience, I may smile to customers and explain to them difference quality, brand, high class materials or something like that. But honestly speaking, if the competitor is too high and not acceptable in their niche market, they are not going to buy it. As businessman, their eyes on market potential are sharp, they are not going to buy something that not marketable back, and it is a failure.
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-4 09:52:57 |Display all floors
Happy New Year! Susan

Hope you will realize all your dreams in this fresh lucky new year! We can conclude that the year of 2008 is the worst year both to us and to China

you are quite right about the analysis about that kind of factory looking for export sales,yes,they have no promotion ,no channel but just count on sales himself.There is no development in doing business like this.No investment ,no gains.This kind of doings is short-sight and extream fast profit-making.this business mode won't exsit for long.

you are  clever too to explain why your price is so high from a variety of reasons,haha .The customer  care for 2 things,the quality and the price,the key is if he can accept both of the ones. He 'll make his own judgement:)

[ Last edited by xunhuan_2002 at 2009-1-4 10:00 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-4 09:58:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by susansusan at 2009-1-2 09:11
Friday, January 02, 2009
New Year
Yesterday was the first day for new year, in that special day, I stayed in my room for the whole day beside went out and bought the food.
At New Year’s eve, it ...

I have done exactly the same content you did in the 2009 first day,but I have one more thing to enjoy ,that is to play cards on line  poor us

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-4 14:18:28 |Display all floors

well , happy new year , let's make a wish

I go first .

1.wish us can say goodbye to our single life as soon as possible in 2009 ...

2. meet more chance in our career.......

3.living a happy meanful life ....

4.wish bombshow get a top college you want ....

that is it . enjoy your 2009 to be a owner

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-4 19:01:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xunhuan_2002 at 2009-1-4 09:52 AM
Happy New Year! Susan

Hope you will realize all your dreams in this fresh lucky new year! We can conclude that the year of 2008 is the worst year both to us and to China

yo ...

And also the services. Once I worked for a small furniture with extreme low prices, which customers pay a lot of orders and the factory can't work all of them out.
But honestly speaking, the quality is very bad, but it has good market in middle east.
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-4 19:03:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xunhuan_2002 at 2009-1-4 09:58 AM

I have done exactly the same content you did in the 2009 first day,but I have one more thing to enjoy ,that is to play cards on line  poor us

Poor us, where is the one you that told me before? You didn't try your best?
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-1-4 19:05:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by garyguoyi at 2009-1-4 02:18 PM
I go first .

1.wish us can say goodbye to our single life as soon as possible in 2009 ...

2. meet more chance in our career.......

3.living a happy meanful life ....

4.wish bombshow get ...

Tell you one thing, my little cousin is going to get marry three days later, and my brother asked me:" Will you attend the wedding party?"
And I thought:" Can I, I would wish that I can hide into the hole."
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.