Author: antimatter

The new concept of "Imposed Domestic Consumption" by the government [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-31 13:26:02 |Display all floors

suprised by your suggestions

Originally posted by antimatter at 2008-12-30 09:28
China has too low a consumption with respect to its GDP. People are just saving too much therefore hard to establish domestic driven economy.  The government try to stimulate by giving rebates on b ...

Maybe you are rich. I am just guessing.
From your suggestion, you suggested the cars and mobiles are changed regularly. But do you know whether we can afford it ?
As we all know, the economy is developing fast in these 30s after the reforming and openning policy. People's life standard has improved a lot, while don't forget many people are still struggling for food and life. To simulate the domestic consumption, it is good to develop the economy, but if your suggestion are in effect, I am sure many people will be poorer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-31 13:33:12 |Display all floors
Lost,

Such policies always just make life harder for the majority while enriching a minority of the people. Usually these things are argued for on national pride grounds and tend to be most actively followed in the least cosmopolitan circles.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-31 13:38:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by loststar at 2008-12-31 12:53

2.People can the option of  buy now and pay later Using national credit card.
Just now you have offered the answers.In 2009 the essential problem is employment. You should understnand in 2009 China has more 10,000thousands unemployed. Farmer workers are more than 7000thousands, undergraduaters are over 7000thousands..

Thta's OK.   higher consumption means more employment.
I call those are good debts.   If no jobs. then you stop paying the monthly till you find another job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-31 13:41:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by melon1008 at 2008-12-31 13:26
To simulate the domestic consumption, it is good to develop the economy, but if your suggestion are in effect, I am sure many people will be poorer

Poorer? I would use the word more indebted.  that's OK.   those are good debts because they are realitic price and help create employment.  people can still pay it off in the long run.

Unlike housing bubble, people are paying unreleatic price for houses.  over-inflated houses are bad debts.

[ Last edited by antimatter at 2008-12-31 01:42 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-31 13:44:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by antimatter at 2008-12-31 13:38

Thta's OK.   higher consumption means more employment.
I call those are good debts.   If no jobs. then you stop paying the monthly till you find another job.

It is hard to control the "credit card consumption". Since it is still new in Chinese consumption, some policies are not complete. If we encourage too much or advocate on consumption by credit card, the bank will suffer a lot from the unreasonable consumption.

There is a conflict between consumption and energy-saving.

Now on one hand we call people to saving energy, and not wasting, on the other hand we call people to consume. It is hard to control. I think we have to control a proper balance between them. We have to encourage "reasonable consumption" not advocate on "wasting consumption".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-31 13:47:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by antimatter at 2008-12-31 13:41

Poorer? I would use the word more indebted.  that's OK.   those are good debts because they are realitic price and help create employment.  people can still pay it off in the long run.

Unlik ...

From your words, I find that you do really want the people live a better life. So the most important thing is to improve their earning, not the consumption. If people can afford the things and they are rich, of course they will consume. So in my opinion, we have to think out how to make people richer, and live a better life. We have to think out some ways to deal with the unemployment. After we improve the people's earning, they will consume accordingly.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-31 13:48:40 |Display all floors
What about the lowest level of society, you really want to put them into debt that they might never be able to repay?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.