Views: 15523|Replies: 31

To "zhai" or not to "zhai" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-29 09:29:26 |Display all floors
Several online surveys have shown that multiple Chinese youngsters in their 20s prefer staying at home to socializing on weekends. The common points of these "zhai" men and women (A Chinese description symbolising them among young people) are single, young, disliking social life and loving staying at home.

Some of them have to go out to work during work days, but choose to stay at home during weekends, whether living with parents or not, they don't like going out for shopping or dining. They find the outside world is too crowded to have any fun. They don't have many friends, except a few very close ones. Others may not need to work and can stay at home for as long as one month, despite buying food from neighborhood stores. If this kind of people lives with their parents, who can purchase goods for them, they can keep themselves separating from the society for as long as they can.

"Zhai" people love watching TV and DVDs, surfing the Internet, playing virtual games rather than going out to get some fresh air. In a word, few things in outside world attract them. They don't have passions to exercise, play outdoors or do other things.  Without going out, they don't need to wash faces, change clothes because they can just eat instant noodles for days. It's a free and simple lifestyle for them.

What do you think about this life style? Is it economical to stay at home on weekends? Or is it a way to escape from the real world, as a coward does?

By the way, I sometimes like staying at home during weekends because I like the feeling. My parents can cook for me. But if I keep doing so for more than three days, I tend to want to go out. So I'm not quite a "zhai" nu, am I?
1219070698_0.gif
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-30 09:13:27 |Display all floors
I often enjoy staying at home  
It make me have my own time
Maybe because I am a private person
So I like to be a  "zhai"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-30 09:27:25 |Display all floors
i used to stay at my dorm after work-off till i met my gf....
with a gf,you have to accompany her to buy clothes,to watch movies,to climb mountains and to do other outdoor exercises,therefor,i changed my life-style...
i think the best way for those so called"zhai"men or women to hug a new life is to have a gf or bf....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-30 09:31:42 |Display all floors

Why "zhai" people want to "zhai"

But I think many people are not "zhai" men or women . There are some cause when they become "zhai" people. There are several reasons.
First, when younger do not find a job after graduating, they will feel very sad ,and do not want to communicate with their classmates or friends.  They will think that it is very shame for themself.
Second, the streets are very crowded. Many people smoke and spit everywhere. And the streets are full of rubish. They feel very sick. So they do not want to go outside.
Third, there is not so secure in streets. You can be steeled everytime.
Fourthly, some "zhai" people do not like to take a bus. When they fo outside to shopping or visit friends , many people need to take a bus. But the bus is very crowded, and the smell is very sick. Some people will be car-sickness . Sometime they will sick up whick will make the bus very discomfortable.
So I think the social environment is the root cause which make them do not want to go outside.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-30 09:39:24 |Display all floors
I am not" zhai "man ,great confidence and bravery to face society is my character,moreover job is very important which i can receive experience and money from ,staying long time in home i feel so alone that i want to go out .i am not "zhai "man

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-30 09:55:45 |Display all floors
I can't be a "Zhai" woman because i have got married. But i don't like to go outside at weekends now because we have to save money. If i go outside and see many beautiful clothes i can't afford, i will feel depression. Also i don't like to take the bus, very crowded and the smell is sick.So i usually choose to stay at home, watching  movies or surfing the internet at weekends.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-30 09:56:47 |Display all floors

Quiescence and Move

Personally think, to "Zhai" or not "Zhai" is not a serious issue for "Zhai" men and women can enjoy their social life smoothly. In the weekends at home, they just want to enjoy the loneliness and quiescence, particularly dormant meditation to refresh, particularly myself.
Of course, sometimes, I greatly like to go out with my families or good friends to taste free air and physical exercices.
Hence, there are no absolutely right or wrong for "Zhai" men and women.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.