Author: expatter

What the Mongols did to the World [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-12-28 19:31:37 |Display all floors

Shameless

Israel ????????  Israel ?????

I have made no position on Israel.

Let alone a mention of it.

What has Israel to do with the Mongols and the Summer Palace  ??

Why don't you start a thread for that if you feel that way.

Then talk about Israel in an Israel thread?

Who knows you might even get a reply about Israel.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-28 20:17:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-12-27 23:06
.. how we would classify this type of behaviour....

Well, for the Chinauvinists keen on portraying europeans as the biggest bastards in history, I think that sort of behaviour by the Mongols would be somewhat inconvenient.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-28 20:29:21 |Display all floors
Well we know that Shameless is exactly that, but the silence of Mengzhi and the other sino-nazis is deafening.

What, are Mengzhi, Northwest, Buddy and the rest of them all working on a diversion or something ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-12-28 21:08:24 |Display all floors

Emu

Yes, a facsinating and widely recorded part of history where the barbarity of the human is revealed in all its glory.  

Rape, murder, slavery, genocide, pillage and destruction on a scale never seen before or again.

The psyche of these people is wildly logical but explicit.

Of course there are lots more cut and pastes to come yet.  

We want to get up to the part where Whiteys are involved.

Wouldn't be complete without a few culturally stereotypical people in the frame.

Would it!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-28 21:25:41 |Display all floors

Third-Reich SS turd Seneca's sample statements:

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-28 21:32:42 |Display all floors

tnuoccanepo

Hi there,

I have a feeling of Deja Vu when I read your post????

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-28 22:15:03 |Display all floors

Hi tnuoccanepo

Reading these quotes more than got me thinking about the differences in thinking between East and West.  The Qing Emperors did not understand their Han subjects and they certainly had no idea how to deal with Westerners and their thinking and culture.

When I read the first of the quotes from Seneca, I see no issue with these.  Example:

"The lives of most Chinese is a lifelong series of repetitions, a mindless grind.

The lives of most people follow this pattern.  In the West, it is a happy unrestricted childhood. Then, marriage and 2.4 kids.  Go to work, watch the kids grow up, retire, then die. I am going to assume you have not been through these stages yet. Especially not the last one.  Me neither yet; but Good Luck it is not easy!

Maybe it has a little to do with how they have to learn their own lingo. The writing of characters is extraordinarily repetitive, and it seems it gets carried over into learning other subjects. " – seneca

The learning of Chinese script is a wonder to Westerners with their 26 letter alphabet.  

To be able to do this you have to have a very good brain.  

The Chinese are noted and admired for their arithmetic abilities. As regards learning, in the past to become a member of the imperial court or government students had to pass the imperial exam which was to know by all the Confucius texts by heart. An extraordinary achievement.

This has been carried over into the university settings where students memorize by heart all the learning and are able to pass exams by quoting back the learned knowledge.  Again, an almost Herculean feat and quite fantastic.  

In the West, the students are given an outline and have to theorize the arguments from both sides.  

For Chinese to be able to do memorization is an extraordinary achievement and if they were able to use both methods correctly then their knowledge would be amazing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.