Author: caringhk

What you THINK of BUDDHA Revival in China... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-22 11:55:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-12-22 10:43
i attended 3 steps ONE bow YEsterday at 4am....+ ~40others, mostly GILRS/WOMEN......

there are only about ~12 men included my Master KAI LUN FA SI + one monk&one nun

i brought my MUM al ...

Awesome.....Not so many people can do that.... YOu show your perseverance and willpower...
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 11:57:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-12-22 10:44
i did see image of BUDDHA with my mind eyes

& can see the GOLDEN COLOURS :)

Hope that's not caused by dizziness after the three step one bow...
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 12:23:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-12-22 11:55

Awesome.....Not so many people can do that.... YOu show your perseverance and willpower...

Not so many MEN(people) can do that.... since they like Sweeties........too much
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 12:24:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-12-22 11:57

Hope that's not caused by dizziness after the three step one bow...

Surely NOT as Buddha forbades us to drink Liquor till DRUNK

Lots of chanted water for "ping AN" is OK

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 14:11:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-12-19 09:47
is DEDICATED to some Members who

REQUESTED to set up such a THREAD!!!

I hv delayed for a long time.........due to some reasons beyond my control in this BBS.

But for the SAKE of  ...

temples "will follow the business mode of the Jade Buddha Temple in Shanghai, a model for city temples

i hv being to this temple & saw the WHITE JADE which Buddha was carved from............had to pay another entry fee cny xx

i managed to go into the library & was told later for monks only....as there were many of there there reading......& books in chinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 14:38:59 |Display all floors
The white jade buddha figurine in Shanghai was sculpted with sheer inspiration. Seldom will you get to see such sublime and positive peace in a face. One can stand rooted in front of it for a long time, just absorbing the tranquility.  I guess the extra entrance fee is for upkeep of the temple.

I woke up this morning with another thought ... how few are one's memories of what have happened in the past.  Even the last few minutes of events seem to have floated away... as if it is intended for life to be seen to be transient.

What will remain in the last few minutes of one's life? A feeling that it was well-lived and fulfilling? Some good deeds done which may not even have lasting effects? Enjoyment of things which soon turned to ashes? Images in the mind seeking to capture some permanence when the heart knows there isn't any?  Vacuums from attachments released?

Answers for these have already been provided somewhere.  The revivals of the world may be a sign that people have started to ask such questions because they have found the world we live in wanting in many aspects that have stirred something inside them which the next thing sought cannot provide.

wjb.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 15:08:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2008-12-22 14:38
The white jade buddha figurine in Shanghai was sculpted with sheer inspiration. Seldom will you get to see such sublime and positive peace in a face. One can stand rooted in front of it for a long  ...

YA, this pic as in the internet brochure which brought me there......

taxi driver was a LADY who took me there for cny20 from the BUND

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.