Author: yuan_zcen

Divided Chinese map! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-18 18:08:53 |Display all floors
For T!bet, I dont know.  It should be market as part of the PRC.  

@runachal Pradesh will be shown as part of India.  Regardless of who "should control it"  I think the map intends to show who actually controls it right now.  

Similarly I would not include Ta!wan as part of the PRC seeing as the PRC has never controlled it.  Arguments aside, that issue is unresolved but I would still not color it as part of China in the international media.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-12-18 18:13:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yuan_zcen at 2008-12-18 16:14
Many foreign publications draw Chinese maps wrong.
Are they implying  to divide China? Or is it a familiar mistake?

In a German magazine STERN.DE, an article 'Gigant China: Die kapitalistischen ...

Does this come as a surprise to you?

German media, as most other Western media, would love to see a d1v1d3d China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-18 18:13:46 |Display all floors
Perhaps TWN and Tibet are marked differently because they were both colonies of China?

Maybe the Germans wanted to remind the posters here on CD that every time they slated the west for being colonialists and responsible for all the problems in the world, that China chooses to profit from this colonial policy too?

And before you start attacking me....

Can you tell me when TBT became part of China?
Can you tell me when TWN became part of China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-18 18:19:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by boring at 2008-12-18 18:15
Perhaps TWN and TBT are marked differently because they were both colonies of China?...

An absurd accussation, you're sure you know the meaning of colony?

Can you tell me when TBT became part of China?

Since 1st DL recognize China's sovereignty over Tbet.

Can you tell me when TWN became part of China?  

Since Ming dinasty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-18 18:24:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2008-12-18 18:19
An absurd accussation, you're sure you know the meaning of colony?

So the people of TBT & TWN invited the Chinese nation to rule over them? Now, Augusten, we all know there some bloodshed involved in both cases. And in both cases, the indigenous people lost. What DO you call it when a country expands its borders by force defeating & killing the indigenous people? Har.monious Society?

Since 1st DL recognize China's sovereignty over Tbet.

Methinks you are confusing protectorate with sovereignty again.

Since Ming dinasty.

If TWN became part of China during the Ming dynasty, who owned it before that? What happened to the indigenous people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-18 18:56:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by boring at 2008-12-18 18:24
So the people of TBT & TWN invited the Chinese nation to rule over them? Now, Augusten, we all know there some bloodshed involved in both cases. And in both cases, the indigenous people lost. What DO you call it when a country expands its borders by force defeating & killing the indigenous people? Har.monious Society?...

First, yes there was wars between China's mainland and Tbt/ Twn, so what? There's also peace which then they join the mainland government wholeheartedly without being forced by any military means.

Expand borders by force? A rude accussation.

You never known Chinese history of foreign philosophy, of where many emperrors marry their daughters to the neighboring tribes, which then integrated into greater Chinese nation. This kind of sacrificing own's family members to attain greater goal of peace is strange within European powers, which maybe you've never heard of.

Prince Wen Cheng of Tang dinasty marred to the leader of Tbtan tribes at that time, bringing the skills of silk, Chinese Buddhism (which then with Indian and local practice blended into Tbetan Buddhism), Tang literature and cookery etc etc which then won peace for hundreds of years. Until 842, because of internal division, the Tbetan kingdom thrown into 400 years of wars.

In 1247, the winner of 400 years of war the Sakya sect ask for protection from Yuan dinasty and legitimacy. He become the regional ruler. Yuan dinasty established 15 imperial post between the capital (now Beijing) and Tbet and regularly doing population census. Until Qing dinasty, the 5th DL as leader of the biggest sec, the yellow hat visit the imperial throne at the time and ask for legitimacy to rule Tbet. Every DL has to be authorized and legitimized by the central government then, including today's 14th DL.

Harmonious society, I know you love to ridiclue this, but it is attained for hundred of years, until the early years of 1900's, the Brits colonialist instigate DL at the time to break up. Then 1950's C!A approached DL to break up from mainland.

The rest, you know it.

Methinks you are confusing protectorate with sovereignty again.

How if every Tbetan leaders since Yuan dinasty recognize Chinese rule over Tbet WHOLEHEARTEDLY? What do you call that?

If TWN became part of China during the Ming dynasty, who owned it before that? What happened to the indigenous people?

They still live there, with their own languange and lifestyle. Today's TWN population is the result of intermarriage between natives and Chinese from mainland. The natives also never claimed they owned the island and welcome Ming rule over the island.

Chinese way of treating it's pheriperal territory is largely different from Europeans, maybe hard for you to understand.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-18 22:46:30 |Display all floors
The Ming never even claimed TWN. Only the Qing did and then only after seizing it from the Dutch. The Ming didn't have a claim on TBT either, they specifically repudiated it as part of... washing off Mongol influences.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.