Author: emucentral

Britons, acknowledging the past. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-16 05:56:17 |Display all floors

I rest my case .

Once again we are privileged to witness the shallow , none too subtle , racist and bigoted attitude of emu and his ilk . He is now surrendering and saying that people with substance addiction is their own fault ! The 220 years of displacement , massacre , humiliation and apartheid against the natives have nothing to do with their present plight ? !  Good solid Hansonite mate .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 09:36:12 |Display all floors

Reply #38 seneca's post

"All Negro, mulatto and Indian slaves within this dominion...shall be held to be real estate." In America where as more and more Europeans filled the land called America the chains were replacing their possible liberty and how can anyone miss the point that these were indeed British deeds until 1776 and for fact these "...pieces of real estate" were making more and more profit for the lords and masters of the colonies, this must have been a continuous policy of the society throughout the empire.

Why not call Obama, from immigrant African  American family black, because this is the term used for "all Negro, mulatto and Indian slaves".

immigrant   Show phonetics
noun [C] (AUSTRALIAN ENGLISH ALSO migrant)
a person who has come to a different country in order to live there permanently:
a large immigrant population
Illegal immigrants are sent back across the border if they are caught.

immigration   Show phonetics
noun [U]
1 when someone comes to live in a different country:
There are strict limits on immigration (into the country).

2 the process of examining your passport and other documents to make certain that you can be allowed to enter the country, or the place where this is done:
After you've been through immigration (control), you can go and get your luggage.
immigration policy
immigration officers

immigrate   Show phonetics
verb [I]
He immigrated with his parents in 1895, and grew up in Long Island.

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

[ Last edited by broken_heart at 2008-12-16 09:37 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 09:42:18 |Display all floors

Reply #42 mengzhi's post

Why doesn't emucentral speak plain Australian English such he could be considered a migrant and those blacks were here when his people got here as compared with the immigrant population it's only in the dictionary.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 10:48:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-12-13 07:57

I know your meaning too, breezeeyang.
But from my point of view, Aboriginal people and the rest of the population are equal in Australia. Sometimes Aboriginal people can even have more privilege ...

I know, that there are plenty of ethnic issues need to be improved in China, and China's ethnic policies are far from mature, I will not deny this. And I also think we should learn from developed countries, because they do do a better job in a lot of areas.

However, I don't know whether you are a strong supporter of DL's highly-autonomous idea, which would in fact split one-quarter of China's total territory, and which most Chinese people would never accept.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 11:50:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-12-16 12:05
43: How old is this text, Chairman?
Is it still in force, unaltered?

It's not Chairman, Seneca, it's that idiot Brokenbrain using the same avatar as Chairman.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 11:53:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-12-16 07:56
He is now surrendering and saying that people with substance addiction is their own fault ! The 220 years of displacement , massacre , humiliation and apartheid against the natives have nothing to do with their present plight ? ! ...

Thanks Mengzhi for the diagnosis.

A white person with a drug problem has himself to blame for his situation.
A black person with a drug problem has the white man to blame for his situation.

That's easy, no need to take responsibility for yourself (as long as you're not white)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-16 17:47:52 |Display all floors

BrokenBrain #43 & 44

More absolutely irrelevant and nonsensical garbage.

What sort of medication are you abusing ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.