Author: emucentral

Britons, acknowledging the past. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-11 20:06:42 |Display all floors
oh oh , Africa has got the internet, we got the internet, for simple minds like me its all there, extraordinary, f.e. on youtube, lets study
the african, asian, aboriginal australian history and so on.....
its good for this english lady to produce a program, but the problem is that imperialistc supremacy is difficult to overcome, so much
more deep and eye opening the statements of the authentic people who had to expierence those unbearable unjustices in their heritage. visit the channel  - markellion, blackhaze21 and many more.

for me its within the responsability of the education systems in like europe for me, to provide fm university level to basic education to
the truth. ....Truth in history, there is no use to learn history with a impertinent agenda of nationalism,
how deep eurocentric nationalism has taken hostage of the english language, always let my lights blink, when within this so
wonderful forum, the opinions of of many mothertongue english writers are exposed.

imho, it may be could be an advantage to not be so skilled in english english english, for the non-mothertongue english writers,
like africans, asians, ozeanians, southamericans, russains, well for me often their way of handling the topics, i cannot say it well,
but may be being at hand with multilingual roots, their texts share a full - body mind soul - approach, which is utterly amazing.

as for africa that things haven't changed much from european view, is the fact, that every child know by now, that solar energy is
a good tool in africa, the sun is their very strong and bright, so why those technics are not outsourced already for at least one decade?
they talk the desert can feed the energyhunger of the entire world, and some germans on our national tv are dreaming about
planting huge solar craft in the Sahara, but i didn't hear one word about that the Sahara never was, never is and never will
be the territory of that german guy, how come?

btw emucentral you spoke to me in that thread where one writer was experiencing his english, and asked for correction,
and sorry i didn't read your skilled corrections, why? since i understood, the opener of the thread, and i could be mistaken, but to me it was like a tiny show off fm your side, therefore no courage fm my side to support this. this is the way it is. may be a hint how i personally feel about setting priorities, really the african history lessons fm markellion are for me like a dream come true. check it out !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 20:08:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-12-11 20:05
However it seems that it is only the whiteys who are condemned for slavery 200 years ago....

Because only the colonialist Europe treat it as a national policy.

You won't blame India using 9 years old as cloth washer (required in their caste system), because it's not a national policy.

Added by you use stupid excuse as "providing them better hygiene" as justification for slavery.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 21:01:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by budebuai at 2008-12-11 22:06
btw emucentral you spoke to me in that thread where one writer was experiencing his english, and asked for correction, and sorry i didn't read your skilled corrections, why? since i understood, the opener of the thread, and i could be mistaken, but to me it was like a tiny show off fm your side, therefore no courage fm my side to support this...

Budebuai, why do you think I was showing off ?
I am a native English speaker, there's nothing special about that.
The person who started the thread indicated he wanted to improve his English, I was simply fine tuning his post to show him how a native English speaker would do it.
If you'd read my other posts you will see I normally do not "correct" postings by those whose first language is not English where I can understand their meaning, even if their spelling and grammar is not quite right. He, however, invited assistance.
I do sometimes, however, correct native English speakers who continually make the same mistakes and I have had my spelling corrected too.

Originally posted by budebuai at 2008-12-11 22:06
every child know by now, that solar energy is
a good tool in africa, the sun is their very strong and bright, so why those technics are not outsourced already for at least one decade?
they talk the desert can feed the energyhunger of the entire world, and some germans on our national tv are dreaming about
planting huge solar craft in the Sahara, but i didn't hear one word about that the Sahara never was, never is and never will
be the territory of that german guy, how come?

Now I heard the same sort of report. I can't remember if it was on BBC World or Deutshe Welle radio.
The message I got from the report was this solar energy would be exported from North Africa.
This means that the Africans would be gaining revenue from exporting electricity to Europe as well as improving their own infrastructure and economies and providing water for some of the drier parts of the continent.
It wasn't colonialism, it was a commercial operation which would benefit those on both sides of the Mediterranean.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 23:13:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-12-11 21:01

The person who started the thread indicated he wanted to improve his English, ...

yes, you mentioned your hope to help, but the expressed bothering to learn a new language and life in a foreign society was not enouraged. To Encourage is very important, and not only this i think but also the hand to always be open to changes, and immigrants usually
provide a very important motor to the vitality and drive of a society, specially the so called, developed ones, which are as you know
in big troubles and even guilt, as you acknowledge in your thread here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 23:21:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2008-12-11 19:33

This is emucc's logic.

Since the natives did it too, why shouldn't we? Really sick.

But, what's new?

emucc do you see that its really sick, to say the arabs did it too ?

plus its not what the history brought to you by markellion; tells us all. go and appreciate this few days of education, markellion searched
and collected for us.
you have material for many reports, make sure you let Africans talk and explain, lecture and teach in your films, and copy the chinese
tv, a role modell of letting minorities be heard. also for australia at least three different minoritie-languages subtitles could be only
normal even for all the programms. just evaluate all the languages spoken in australia, and make a good mix.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 23:36:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-12-11 21:01

The person who started the thread indicated he wanted to improve his English, ...

Commercial ? aha.....
the european agriculture is subventionised big time, and when overproduction took place, the low quality factory chickens were
just shipped down the african coast. great impact to the local farmers, and huge price explosion on the urban markets.
then when wheat and rice was little last year, who was suffering the most? is this the commercial deal you have in mind?

it was not at all communicated that the solar technological build up in Africa was mainly thought for Africans, really. i tell you why
the german talked as he talked. we have very low politics in europe and still racism is used or better abused, a double not to
acknowledge the past, racism is always promoted to hide what kind of tricks the politicians are imposing on the small people.
it just sucks i can tell you. its same as china-bashing. in europe the brainwashing goes on that every place in this world that is
not worshipping commonwealth or eurocentric is pity. how long did it take to realise that alternative energy is a good business
for the future, years years and more years, and now they have to learn about it, but the problem is that the sun is far more
shining in Africa then in the North. its same in the pharma, as long as technology or medecin is serving nationalistic
interest your acknowledging  is worthless. the media is so bias in europe, and politics are very corrupt, its a crime to Africans
as well to Europeans since they we have a poor live as brainwashed living on a flat world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 23:59:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-12-10 20:45
I saw a very interesting documentary on TV.
Victoria Wood, a well known British Comedian, is travelling the world visiting places named after Queen Victoria.
In one episode she visits Ghana, on A ...

where this point starts?
Every one made mistakes so does the government .
If the government did not realize its fault or wrong doings,
why we talk about the progress and devolopment every day.
Including Chinese government,Japanese governement,USA etc.
Taiwan discovered the false leadership of Chen Shui Pian and put him into a jail which was found that he had done many criminal things include money laudry.

When we discuss about one government,
there is criticize,
there is pointing,
there is laughing or whatever,
but,
it's hard to give compare.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.