Author: emucentral

Britons, acknowledging the past. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-11 16:31:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2008-12-11 18:26
Now shameless seneka tries to pretend as a Chinese.
Because no country wants you out there?

Northwest takes issue with Seneca's use of the personal pronoun.
Much easier than actually dealing with the allegation made by Seneca regarding the Chinese practising slavery!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 16:35:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-12-11 16:31
Northwest takes issue with Seneca's use of the personal pronoun.

I asked simple question, if he thinks China is so bad, why he choose to stay here and refuse to leave? No one force him to stay.

Any explanation?

Regarding the allegation of slavery, why should I bother? No data or historical facts provided, only his guess.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 16:36:23 |Display all floors
And I stand by my first statement.

What's the point the Britons "acknowledging" past mistakes if they still did the same thing TODAY.

Look at Afghanistan, Iraq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 17:45:15 |Display all floors

Keep avoiding the issue .

#8 emu,

You talent for side stepping knows no bounds . You presented one person's view on the British chapter on slavery and her regrets , and you somehow magnify that into a moralistic Anglo characteristic ?

The very basis of your motherland's wealth and prosperity were build on the sweat , tears and blood of these slaves . They suffered , they were tortured and they died in making lives comfortable for their masters . The government should be the one to apologize , work for reconciliation and pay some compensation to the descendants .  Words are nice , but materialistic help may be more relevant .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 18:49:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-12-11 19:45
The very basis of your motherland's wealth and prosperity were build on the sweat , tears and blood of these slaves . They suffered , they were tortured and they died in making lives comfortable for their masters . ...

Oh, you must have watched Victoria Wood's programme then. She said exactly the same thing.
Hmm, I wonder if she was arrested on her return to Britain......

Oh, BTW there was also money made by Arab and African slave traders who kidnapped rival tribe members for sale to the Europeans.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-12-11 08:50 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 19:33:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-12-11 18:49
Oh, BTW there was also money made by Arab and African slave traders who kidnapped rival tribe members for sale to the Europeans....

This is emucc's logic.

Since the natives did it too, why shouldn't we? Really sick.

But, what's new?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 20:05:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2008-12-11 21:33
This is emucc's logic.

Since the natives did it too, why shouldn't we? Really sick.

How do get the idea that's my logic, you slanderous little arsehole.

My point, of course, is that slavery was not exclusive to the western Europeans.
It was practiced by Africans, Arabs and Asians, and the brick kilns in China show that it's being practiced even today in China.

However it seems that it is only the whiteys who are condemned for slavery 200 years ago.

This is clear evidence of racially biased criticism of western Europeans by today's Fascists of the East.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.