Author: dicuncomer

About my marriage [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2008-12-7 15:52:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by richardk at 2008-12-7 09:10
Well as a married man I can say my wife is not interested in the things I am interested in and vice versa, she has her interests which I find boring but by making the effort to listen to each other ...

What  a mature  man with a sunny view on life and a balanced attitude toward marriage.
Great advice!

[ Last edited by heroodle at 2008-12-7 03:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-8 16:39:23 |Display all floors

what is happiness?

When my ex-husband suffered from a serious disease two years ago, I recognized that the greatest happiness existed in our daily life:eat together, sleep together...So cherish what you have.Hope you will not regret some day...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2008-12-8 17:29:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fenyang at 2008-12-8 16:39
When my ex-husband suffered from a serious disease two years ago, I recognized that the greatest happiness existed in our daily life:eat together, sleep together...So cherish what you have.Hope you ...

Absolutely!
Treasure what you have now before it becomes regret, when it becomes too late. Time always slips us by when we least realize it. Let the people you love know what they mean to you, because you never know what might happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-8 19:05:49 |Display all floors

Gratitude

The key to a happy life is 'Gratitude' - be grateful for everything, we all have blessings which we should be grateful for, there is always someone else who has more material possessions than you - but we know that money does not buy us happiness just the misery and loneliness of a selfish existence trying to impress other people - so what does buy happiness?
'Gratitude' does, by being grateful for everything, everybody who brings something into our lives we can find peace in our hearts which is real happiness, not to be confused by false ego driven elation of having more money than someone else.
If we take a moment to reflect on the peace & security we enjoy, the love of having family and children when others cannot have them or they have been killed by tragedy, The joy of a place called home and food when others starve, the freedom of choice to meet new people and enjoy pastimes be it sport or artistic pleasures when others struggle to find clean water to drink.
Then we are in a place of gratitude, we tell our children how wonderful they are thank our spouses for putting up with us when we have been bad tempered or selfish and go one to meet new friends with love and gratitude and be even more happy with the love and joy in our lives.

Remember when we live a grateful life, Today is always a brighter day, even when it rains, as rain is just the gold from heaven which brings us the beauty of our green land. when we receive bills they are just free credit to be grateful for and the list goes on.

Is today a good day to thank you family and friends with gratitude and love? :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-23 20:19:57 |Display all floors
you should cherish the one who is besides you, your husband and your son, they are your families.
you can try to understand his interest first, but not change your husband only, maybe something unexpected will happen, such as you become to interested in what your husband is interested in.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-24 14:12:08 |Display all floors
After look through your text, I saw three points:  first, if you get a chance, you will derail, second, you can't find your fun so you complain your husband. Third, you husband didn't pay enough attention on you.
After get married, everything get normal, couples see each other day and night, is there really so much to chat? Every one should found his own fun, otherwise even if you didn't get married, you also lead a boring days.  Don't depend too much on others even he is your best intimate lover.  You also have your own friends, why not play with them -- dining out or shoping, is it your favorite?  Playing badminton or learning yoga also a choice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-24 14:22:08 |Display all floors

to #1, change your mood or attitude towards your present life.

Hi, dicuncomer
Most people share the same situation as you. Recently I prefer an old saying, and like to share with you:
Life is a mirror, when you smile to it, it smiles to you; while you cry to it, it cries to you.
Nothing is perfect. So why not change your mood and attitude towards your present life? To find the interesting and good aspects of your life, not sigh at the bad part.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.