Views: 5396|Replies: 7

My tenth year at work [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-6 08:49:58 |Display all floors
It's the tenth year since I've taught as an English teacher.I'm tired of working
like this,for I've come to realise that my English has gotten worse and I become
slow in activating students and my own thinking.Why?Ten years of being a
teacher,I gained more money than teachers elsewhere maybe,but I ruin my
health and the work brings me serious illness as well--I suffer from insomnia.
The deteriaration of health makes me realise I've not dealt with my work and
life well.I've lost my balance in this relationship.
       But then I try to persuade myself.As long as  I stay here and work as a
teacher,it's my necessary responsibility to teacher students and treat them well.
After all,I can't blame the students just because of the authority's fault.Though
I have a lot of routine work to do,I enjoy two long holidays which other jobs won't
offer.
    I want to be like the doctors who become more experienced and more skillful
as I work longer.I don't want to lose my ability of speaking English and teaching.
     Only when I improve my English could I teach my son and my students well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-6 09:19:45 |Display all floors

Reply #1 dicuncomer's post

You don;t know how wonderful to be a teacher than other occupation, stable income, long holidays, and indeed teacher is like doctor, the longer you work, the more experience you have at teaching.
As a stuff in the company, we don't have that much holidays and we are in the pressure to be fired during economic crisis like this moment, we may lost our job, house, income to support our life. Living is very hard.
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-6 10:12:43 |Display all floors
being a teacher needs great patience, preparations,and endurations as well. just go out for a rest on your vacations, things would turn out to be right, i suppose

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-7 11:09:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dicuncomer at 2008-12-6 08:49
It's the tenth year since I've taught as an English teacher.I'm tired of working
like this,for I've come to realise that my English has gotten worse and I become
slow in activating students and  ...

no matter what kind of occupation you got , you will " get tired of it some day "

the point is : find something interesting , funny , change it into your power source . in this way you will get fresh air everyday in your life ......

good luck ....madam

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2008-12-7 11:29:47 |Display all floors
Those who keep learning stay young, whether at 20 or 80.

A college teacher in my mind should be one who can share his/her values and viewpoints, his/her joys and smiles, his/her research or works with his/her students.

Offering others a way to fish excels offering others a fish.
Another famous saying goes: Glad to learn, and glad to teach.

So, keep learning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-22 17:05:38 |Display all floors
To be an English teacher was my dream before.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-23 19:34:27 |Display all floors
I think many people could admire you , a college English teacher, you can spend hours with the young students, they are clever and confident, active and simple, you should be pleasure when you are together with them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.