Views: 5110|Replies: 7

my introduction,pls u point the wrong.thx~ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-12-1 13:04:34 |Display all floors
hello, i'm wuyong ,I am genuine delight with being called me woody that is my English alias.
my major is computer science and technology ,and i hv graduated for 2 years from huanghe science and technology university in Zhengzhou city.
Now my occupation is computer software engineer in a Singapore firm,
but I can’t be easy for assignment in my job bc of my poor English especially oral English.
Now my poor English hv been a block in my career life.
So I hv to try my best to improve my enlgish as soon as my possible.
Actually my main hobby is English although my oral English is poor.
Speaking fluent English is the best popular action in my mind.
I often practice spoken English in the software UC and PALTALK.
Maybe I think I am not shy and nervous by this communication way.
Of course the primary reason is lack of the environment that practice English by face to face with others.
Oh, my dream is going abroad. I don’t spend the time of my full life in a  same city and a same country.
I always ask myself why can’t go there or go here and why stay in a same place when I look the software GOOGLEEARTH.
The world is so big and hs so much place to be explored.
Why should I stay in a same place?
Maybe I will miss my hometown when I go abroad.
But how to miss if don’t leave.
I hv another habby that is outdoor sport.
Sometimes I would travelled with my net friends by AA treatment. Our relation is very simplex and easy.i like the man relationship.
I can coummucate with them without worry and adulation.
Hobnobing with nature will take my easy from hard work, and I like these feelings very much.

That is all and that is me. One guy who love life with wonderful dream.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-1 13:09:58 |Display all floors
i like your introduction except 'oral english'. oral is weird to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-1 18:19:42 |Display all floors
SPOKEN ENGLISH? right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-2 08:10:04 |Display all floors
i like spoken english better. lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-3 20:00:40 |Display all floors

Reply #1 woodyy's post

Woody - an interesting name to choose, the most famous person with that name would probably be Woody Allen the famous film director, its a very unusual name to choose - is there a special reason for your choice?
To improve your spoken English I would recommend getting some simple English books and read aloud each morning for a few minutes in the morning and before bed, it will give you something to say and will help develop your grammar skills, however it is better to read 2 lines properly than 100 badly so concentrate on the quality highlight words you struggle with ask ask your teacher if it is correct, avoid American books which use a lot of slang as it will just confuse you.

Good luck

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-3 20:08:32 |Display all floors
i do like jargons and slangs. they are funny and useful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-3 21:32:47 |Display all floors

Reply #6 leebohua's post

The use of slang is primarily to boost the ego of its presenter while it does have some use for emphasis for those too lazy to articulate a sentence properly, students of English are better off learning to communicate clearly and avoiding the potentially embarrassing pitfalls of slang, to understand it is good, but it is better to avoid actually using it.
Generally the more slang someone uses in their conversations the more stupid they come across generally - probably not the desire of most students here.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.