Author: mariame

Employment in 'grim situation'! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-22 22:23:09 |Display all floors

Population pressure - 2

Originally posted by ekiebf at 2008-11-22 21:51
This situation has existed for many years  and so will it  at least in the near future unless the huge population in China can be reduced
cause living in China in its original sense is to struggle ...

China introduced the one-child policy.

Many Chinese screamed human rights abuse and many more flaunted the one-child policy.

Who's to blame? The Chinese government or the Chinese people?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-23 12:43:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-23 12:51:47 |Display all floors
TV,

I disagree. GMC is a very strong brand. It's more likely that you will see Chevy, Saturn, GMC and Cadillac come out as the remaining brands. The problem with all GM brands, though, is badge engineering and so keeping GMC will be inefficient to some degree but inevitable to keep the GMC truck customers.

It would be best, however, if they could simply fold Chevy entirely and have the badge sell nothing but the Corvette, GMC sell nothing but trucks, Saturn sell cars and Cadillac sell luxury.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-23 14:06:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2008-11-22 22:23

China introduced the one-child policy.

Many Chinese screamed human rights abuse and many more flaunted the one-child policy.

Who's to blame? The Chinese government or the Chinese people?

i'm sorry, but you don't know china at all. population pressure is one of the reasons that keep from china transforming quickly, but again it was result of one of the mistakes our country made back in 1950s, when experts warned about future population explosion while gov failed to see the danger.

again i'm not saying gov was to blame for that mistake, it was a mistake hard to avoid considering historical circumstances then, but you shouldn't lay the responsibility on the people either.

the population explosion already happened and completed 20 years ago, what does it have anything to do with some people now in rural area "flaunting the policy"? did they cause the population to have increased from 400m to 1 billion in 30 years?

besides,  with some chinese traditions(bad traditions i admit, but they are not without economic reasons in those underdeveloped areas) still held one to by many people in those areas , do you expect  it can be done one night? policy is important, but economic conditions change the roots, only when these change will other things follow, people in big cities won't have 2nd child even you allow them to.

finally population pressure is one of the special background china has and which impacts on many things, but it doesn't have direct connection with human rights issues, human rights issues in china have much to do with chinese tradition of bureaucracy politics. it's deep rooted and has been going on in china for too many years for it to be changed in only 100 or 150 years. but it will be, finally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-23 14:29:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zglobal at 2008-11-23 12:43
I agree with Cestmoi on this.

China is doing all it can in a very difficult situation.

It seems things are extremely bad in GD at the moment with thousands of factories shutting.

Will all  ...

yeah, crisis can be good in that it brings change, the earlier the better, it's only bad that it had to come when i just started to make things better for myself. it is sad, but again it might not be a bad thing, it also demands changes in me, changes necessary but unpleasant to my disposition which i always tried to hold off till a later day. haha

GD need to control its cost factor, i agree, but what it needs more is industry upgrades, it can no longer expect to make money solely on cheep labor and materials from inland area. it needs technology, quality and brands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-23 15:47:21 |Display all floors
It  is  a   hard time for Chinese government ,but also for the people in China ,we should keep  a  quiet  attitude  to the  world what is happening now ,and  everyone of us should make an effort to expand domestic demand ,so that our China will turn a  good end ,belive our  government ! we Chinese can overcome all difficulities !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-23 15:54:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.