Author: mariame

Employment in 'grim situation'! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-21 13:50:57 |Display all floors
However,I think that the situation also have the oppotunity for the company.Then maybe the human resource manager could hire a "cheap" talent for the job instead of the "expensive".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-21 20:18:58 |Display all floors

layoff

For  fresh man to socity  like us it's  big pressure for  during the financial crisis ,Many companies have layoff because the economic slowdown,in the other way,the State Council releaseed to use 4trbilion to enlarge domestic demand
i'm one of them in Nanjing job fair     many chances but too far away

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-21 20:43:47 |Display all floors
The same situation is in Chengdu here,too much people but so few job.
About 200 people compete for one post,many people can't  find a satisfied job
so luck I'm still in college,I am going to stay in this shelter and waiting for the economic climate rejuvernate~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-21 23:32:39 |Display all floors
I think we should strengthen ourselves in the special period.
We will get a ideal job as soon as we poessess the best abilities.
Come on, for a beautiful tomorrow, try your best to improve yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-22 00:14:35 |Display all floors

Keep upskilling

Those of you who are looking for jobs, I want you to keep "up-skilling" yourselves, eg. if your English is marginal, this is a good time to brush up with a course.

Get together and discuss what you can do to make yourselves more appealing to potential employers.

The US economy is in for a rough time and China cannot rely on exports to USofA or EU. It is up to China to pull itself up by its own bootstrap.

The Beijing government must make sure that the stimulus is spent wisely and not leeched on by corrupt provincial governments.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2008-11-22 12:26 AM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-22 00:38:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2008-11-20 23:47
I am really curious about this fear of social unrest because of bad times.

In life, you take the good with the bad.

People rely too much on the government and not enough on themselves. I don ...

you are curious maybe because you r not chinese(just a guess), if you were you would know.
while people in private sectors are being laid off and salaries cut down, those working for gov don't have to worry a thing, they can even expect a pay rise.  and, wow, end of the year, what the bonus will be? 80k or 100k?
people just wonder if they deserve this?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-22 00:55:23 |Display all floors
i'm in a foul mood, got the sack today, tens of thousands of companies and factories are closing down here in and around SZ, it's disaster no less.  there is little chance of getting a new job soon at this time of year and in such a grim economic situation.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.