Author: expatter

U.K Recognizes Tibet as Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-16 14:33:53 |Display all floors

Clowns .

The status of the USA recognition of the PRC is of  the same forked-tongue genre . They mouth platitudes about " accepting one China " and then proceeded to sell weapons of war to a province of China .  The ex-colonialists fail to see that this sort of behavior is lawless , uncivilized and that of the stone-age . I cannot believe that they do not realize how silly it makes them look !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-16 15:13:29 |Display all floors
After a long hibernation, I decided to come back and throw a question
The recent dialogues between the Tibetan exiles and PRC officials always end with the Tibetans asking for greater automony while the state accuses them for leaning towards independence. There's something paradoxical about this. How exactly can one have autonomy from the government without being perceived as secessionist? Is that possible at all, or are these politicians just throwing riddles around to make it look like they're doing their job?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-16 16:44:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by augusten at 2008-11-16 00:13
Silly laugh when faced with inconvenient fact.

Indeed, so why do you do that ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-11-16 17:00:25 |Display all floors

emucentral

I think that might be true (negotiating in bad faith) but that is just surely an opinion.

I am aware of what the two sides have said about the current negotiations and they are at opposite poles.

I do not realistically think that BJ would be negotiating now (post Olympics) if there could be no possible solution.

The DL is losing any negotiating power by the day and his only trump card is to bring comfort to his followers by giving up claims to property rights and government and be a spiritual leader before it is too late.

If I had an opinion about the DL, I would say that if he is a genuine person as some have stated, then those around advise him against all odds for their own greed and are just using him.

:)

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2008-11-16 17:19:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2008-11-16 17:24:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-11-16 17:27:16 |Display all floors

chairman

Shame.  No way to make a fast buck there then.  

I see the Pelosi family are cited in a court action against the Getty Foundation.

It seems he made much of his money from WWII.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.