Author: ptbptb

奥巴马将是第几任美国总统? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-7 20:38:52 |Display all floors

白宫(“白屋”)知道奥巴马的就职演说说错了:

President Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States. He is, however, only the 43rd person ever to serve as President; President Grover Cleveland served two nonconsecutive terms, and thus is recognized as both the 22nd and the 24th President. Today, the President is limited to two four-year terms, but until the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, ratified in 1951, a President could serve an unlimited number of terms. Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected President four times, serving from 1932 until his death in 1945; he is the only President ever to have served more than two terms.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 20:58:41 |Display all floors

It should read forty-three Americans:

My fellow citizens:

I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you’ve bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices borne by our ancestors. I thank President Bush for his service to our nation, as well as the generosity and cooperation he has shown throughout this transition.

Forty-four Americans [sic]have now taken the presidential oath. The words have been spoken during rising tides of prosperity and the still waters of peace. Yet, every so often the oath is taken amidst gathering clouds and raging storms. At these moments, America has carried on not simply because of the skill or vision of those in high office, but because We the People have remained faithful to the ideals of our forbearers, and true to our founding documents.
from President Obama's inaugural address

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-5 18:41:17 |Display all floors
english chat super group:46343144.welcome to join!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-17 13:44:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lasthermit at 2008-11-7 23:39
表面上是,实际上英文不讲第几任,因而,是也不是。

实际这样讲,讲究一些,是正确的。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-17 13:46:59 |Display all floors
Thanks for Building Lord, now I know.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.