Views: 3761|Replies: 2

on its side [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-11-6 15:31:02 |Display all floors
"The speed with which the processes come and go is blindingly fast," Mengerink says. "So there is a tier that buffers between those Web and database layers. As far as the application is concerned, it just thinks it is making calls out to a database. The application just doesn't care there is this middle layer. Then the database on its side sees a nice, old-fashioned durable connection, and doesn't feel like it's being melted down by a connection storm."
请问it指谁?颜色部分又作何解释?谢谢!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-6 17:18:34 |Display all floors
A lot of technical term detail here;

The database is on one side of the tier, the Web application is on the other side.

Imagine a sandwich. One side has a piece of bread (the Web), the other side (the database) has a piece of bread. Between them, is what is inside the sandwich (the tier). Neither piece of bread touches the other directly because the tier is in between them (which acts like a buffer).

If I stand on one side (the database) of a building where you can't see me, and you stand on the other side (the Web) of a building where I could not see you. Between us is a third person (the tier) that can see and talk to both of us, that person would act as the buffer. That means unless that third person tells me what you might be saying to another person or persons (other data layers or applications) on your side, I on my side won't hear what is being said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-7 11:10:46 |Display all floors
Imagine a sandwich. One side has a piece of bread (the Web), the other side (the database) has a piece of bread. Between them, is what is inside the sandwich (the tier). Neither piece of bread touches the other directly because the tier is in between them (which acts like a buffer).

[color=Navy]a visual image of sandwich make us understand well

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.