Author: zhoupu

Student stabs professor to death in Beijing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-31 23:44:14 |Display all floors

On this one issue of opinion...

Originally posted by justbabygirl at 10/31/2008 09:36 AM
what you call men and what I call men are two diffrent things

... we are in agreement.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-31 23:48:09 |Display all floors
it is a pity
i 'd been hear that
he is a good teacher

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-3 09:53:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by elaineleilei at 2008-10-31 20:49
I think the professor's phto doesn't look so kind. He seems proud and cold.  Maybe he was someone bad?
But a wild guess anyway.

He is sanctimonious somehow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-3 09:56:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-10-31 21:29
rape seems to be almost universally justified to use murder as a punishment.

in most ancient cultures in the world, raping of a woman was punishable as far as beheading.

having an affair was ...

How can you affirm it's rape before investigation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-3 11:22:29 |Display all floors

Reply #14 justbabygirl's post

I can never condone murder, whatever the motive. I also have heard of some "stories" here in China of some teachers "blackmailing" student s into having "relationships" with them. It's not prevalent I hope and if/when it's found out, the respective teacher(s) are punished to the maximum of the law. Teachers are held in a position of trust and to betray that trust is abysmal and an abomination against all those teachers who do an honourable job.

[ Last edited by exportedkiwi at 2008-11-3 01:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-3 13:04:01 |Display all floors

Reply #27 seneca's post

I have to agree here. Students I've taught aren't able to handle such emotional things and they're certainly not helped by the concept of "face" which doesn't allow them to show, or speak of, such things. I've constantly told this to my overseas friends and they actually have a huge amount of sympathy for the students here who're shunted off to boarding schools and go home a couple of times a year, all in the name of expediency.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-3 14:18:52 |Display all floors
There's gotta be a reason!

Is there a certain board in our Chinese schools that REALLY helps our students away from the harassment, abuse, etc.? If there is, I guess, our smart students will choose to resort to it for help to file complaints, instead of choosing this mind-lost, violent way that ruin their bright future TOTALLY!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.