Views: 2786|Replies: 2

animal crackers/defense mechanism [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-27 12:06:15 |Display all floors
SUSIE:Excuse me.

Chandler:Ahhhh.

SUSIE:Uh, is your name Chandler?

Chandler:Uh, yes, yes it is.

SUSIE:Chandler Bing?

Chandlero you know me or are you just really good at this game?

SUSIE:I'm Susie Moss. Fourth grade, glasses,
SUSIE:I used to carry around a box of animal crackers like a purse.
SUSIE:Susie Moss, right, yeah, wow, you look. . . great job growing up.
SUSIE:It's nice to see you're not still wearing that denim cap with all the little mirrors on it.

Chandler:Oh, right, well yeah, I graduated fourth grade and realized I wasn't a pimp.

SUSIE:Remember the class play?

SUSIE:You, you pulled up my skirt and the entire auditorium saw my underpants.

Chandler:Yes, back then I, uh, used humor as a defense mechanism. Thank God I don't do that anymore.

两个老同学见面的场景。问题加粗了。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-27 17:59:47 |Display all floors
Animal crackers are crackers in the shapes of animals, some brands of which are sweetened. These are usually animals one would see at the zoo or circus, including lions, tigers, bears, and elephants. There is debate about whether or not Animal crackers are actually crackers or cookies. They are like crackers due to the way they are made, with layered dough, however the use of sweetened dough gives them the cookie taste and consistency. Traditionally they come in a box with a handle on the top. The string handle was originally added so that the box could be hung on a Christmas tree or house plant.

defence mechanisms防御机制 or defense mechanisms (see -ce/-se) are psychological strategies brought into play by various entities to cope with reality and to maintain self-image. Healthy persons normally use different defences throughout life. An ego defence mechanism becomes pathological only when its persistent use leads to maladaptive behavior such that the physical and/or mental health of the individual is adversely affected. The purpose of the Ego Defence Mechanisms is to protect the mind/self/ego from anxiety, social sanctions or to provide a refuge from a situation with which one cannot currently cope

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-28 07:46:45 |Display all floors
animal crackers 原本指“动物饼干”。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.