Author: expatter

Can East really meet West in a forum? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-30 14:09:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-10-30 14:06
Yes, I lost the other eye in this forum!  

also don't worry

as we say sometime closing one eye is better
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 15:52:28 |Display all floors
Just glad to be on White's most wanted list.

East met west on this forum and the conclusion is this: neither like the other much.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 16:19:38 |Display all floors
An excellent and timely thread, expatter and I agree that if the published forum rules and only the published forum rules were enforced without fear or favour, then this forum would be a much better place to be.

Now, to one example of the lies to which we western contributors are constantly subject.
Originally posted by whit3dov3s at 2008-10-27 10:51
"emucentral" aussie bumpkin was a professor or teacher who once travelled to china for temporary teaching only have a backward and hurtful response. ...

Where the heck did "whitedoves" get this rubbish ?

For the record;

I (Emucentral) am not and have never been employed as a teacher or professor.
I work in the media industry, for a very small company which makes documentaries and corporate videos.

I have visited Hong Kong 3 times, Macau twice, and have done a short "day tour" to Guangzhou (from HK).
(EDIT) Since I now read that Whitedoves hasn't actually been to mainland China, I feel that I am more qualified to comment than Whitedoves is !

I like Chinese food and Jackie Chan movies (especially the older original HK ones in Cantonese)

I get along well with people from all backgrounds and religious and racial groups.

I look forward to the people of China enjoying the same freedoms of expression, ability to travel, and personal liberty that the whinger "whitedoves" currently enjoys, living here in Australia.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-10-30 06:33 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 16:32:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by taikor at 2008-10-27 12:06
"emucentral" aussie bumpkin was a professor or teacher who once travelled to china for temporary teaching only have a backward and hurtful response
It's a pity that many forumers like John B of Melbourne (emu) had initially started well in this board but eventually succumbs to hostility and air of mistrust and joins in the mud-slinging.  

Dear Taikor,

When one is constantly subject to the abuse, lies, slander and diversions from topic which we see from the likes of Changabula, Buddy, Tong, GoToHell and even Mengzhi and Northwest, then one loses ones tolerance of misbehaviour very quickly.

I am quite capable of engaging in polite and reasoned debate, but I am quite happy also to respond with the same respect accorded to me.

Cheers
JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 17:00:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2008-10-30 18:33
[quote]Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-10-30 16:32
Lop sided..................
When one is constantly subject to the abuse, lies, slander and diversions from topic which we see from the likes of FAKE chairman,etc.......  
[/quote]

So here we are talking about the lies and bulldist directed at Westerners by the ignorant and the xenophobic, and the village idiot goes ahead and gives us a perfect example of the slander we're subject to.

As others have already pointed out, I said no such thing about fellow forumite Chairman.

I certainly have my disagreements with the elder-statesman of this forum, and his somewhat contrary take on various issues, but we've managed to maintain a certain civility of discourse.
Something CarkingHK unfortunately seems unable to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 17:04:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-10-30 17:00

So here we are talking about the lies and bulldist directed at Westerners by the ignorant and the xenophobic, and the village idiot goes ahead and gives us a perfect example of the sla ... [/quote]

we all can see your lop sidedness

as you quoted all eastern names

but NONE of your fellow whiteys...............

now go lock yourself with fake chairman at UTT
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 17:10:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-10-30 15:52
Just glad to be on White's most wanted list.

East met west on this forum and the conclusion is this: neither like the other much.

Why do you say like that?

Eastern country like china is nation of the etiquette, so most chinese man in this forum do have good manner.
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.