Reply #29 expatter's post

Ha, ha ha!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 11:41:34 |Display all floors

Reply #30 whit3dov3s's post

Sorry I missed the comma.
Again, Ha, ha, ha!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-10-30 12:06:59 |Display all floors

whit3dov3s

Exactly my point.

And so good of you to be the first!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 13:07:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-10-29 22:10
Who are the second language English speaking contributors who are so virulent in their outright hatred of foreigners?  Are they Chinese?  Are they overseas Chinese?  Why are they so full of loathing and why do posters answer their threads when the argument died at the first stroke with the very first insults of (sic) ‘dcikhead’ and other forms of abuse.  Why does the CD allow so many threads to continue unabated which clearly contain racism and hatred?

Hard to say the reasons why people are the way they are, but the internet has certainly opened a new frontier for cowards. Many people who speak so boldly in the anonymous world of the net, would be timid mice if forced to face those they deride.

-The majority of trouble makers here are people/children who like to stir up emotions, as it gives them a false sense of importance/power. Many  are not Chinese, but seek to give those that visit here the impression that they are.

-The same is true in the opposite direction, as some who claim certain non-Chinese nationalities are trying to give a false impression of that nation's people.

-Some are exactly who they are and are apparently given leeway in regards to forum rules. There could be a number of reasons for this: to judge other members reactions to their statements, controversy invites participation (for good or ill), past pro-nationalism shields against minor infractions, etc.  

The problem with rule flexibility is that it promotes a sense of corruption (rightly or wrongly). The smallest of stones can start an avalanche, so when children are throwing rocks at the mountain..... stop them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 13:14:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-10-26 11:10
What is a forum?  According to Cassell’s Concise Dictionary it is a public place where orations are delivered; a place of assembly for public discussions, etc.

I think that the China Daily (CD) ...

& why not can WEST MEET EAST

like as in Rome do as Romans do

Or an eye for an eye like your avatar style
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2008-10-30 14:06:35 |Display all floors

caringhk

Yes, I lost the other eye in this forum!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-30 14:08:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2008-10-30 14:06
Yes, I lost the other eye in this forum!  

i know who found it here..............

check the name hardluck*.......

but his is a FEMALE eye
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.