Author: buddy35

China: A Healthy Nation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-8 17:42:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by willhbunny at 2008-10-8 16:36
I'll buy u Cadbuary melamine candy bar. Hope u enjoy it.

SURE when it is FREE

& >2.5 ppm
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-8 20:17:01 |Display all floors

Reply #13 mariame's post

Agreed mariame. There was an article in yesterdays print copy of CD about the oncoming health problems facing China.
Buddy, I do think it's great to see Chinese folks out exercising after work, the old folks out dancing in the evenings and so on. I wish it happened in my country more because it instills a spirit of community as well as being healthy. This having been said, my country is, or was, a nation of people who loved the great outdoors. Hope it's still true. I'll find out when I head home in January I guess.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-9 15:00:53 |Display all floors

A nation is like a person

China leads developing countries on health list

By Xie Yu (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-10-09

China ranked 13th on a list ranking international health conditions released by a Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) study group Wednesday.

The tally uses a Nation Health Index (NHI) combining four branch indexes measuring populations' metabolisms, immunities, nervous systems and behavior, and determined China to be "qualified healthy".

"A nation is like a person," CAS' study group leader Yang Duogui said. Yang explained that immunities hinge on ecological conditions, resistance to financial risk and social stability.

"We based the rankings on an overall assessment of the countries that combined all four branch indexes," Yang said.

Forty-five countries - accounting for 89.5 percent of the global GDP, 76.6 percent of the population and 64.2 percent of the land - were evaluated in the study.

According to their indexes, they were placed into four categories: "surplus healthy", "qualified healthy", "sub-healthy" and "health deficit".

China ranked No 1 among developing countries because of its pioneering spirit, sense of responsibility, economic vitality and cohesion.

"Our country has adopted a distinctive development process," Yang said.

China is unique in that it made great efforts to developing its power, rather than wealth, in its early years.
"In the 1950s and 1960s, people were willing to starve to develop advanced sectors, such as nuclear power generation," Yang said.

However, after the reform and opening-up, the country shifted its priorities to generating national and per-capita wealth.

Over time, problems such as over-development and pollution emerged.

"As the government and people developed greater awareness, China began pursuing sustainable development, which has made it healthier," Yang said.

"If we work to strengthen our capacities for responding to national risks, controlling the course of development, creativity, and resource and environment protection our country would move up the list," Yang said.

Finland ranked No 1, and Nigeria came last. Overall, the development pattern of the Northern European countries was the healthiest.

The United States ranked No 11, and Russia came in 29th.
health.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-9 17:43:07 |Display all floors

Healthy nation .

It is indeed heartening to see this latest global report card on the health of nations . For China to be ranked 13 in the world and 1st in the developing world is welcomed news . This covers 20% of the world's population . China must have done something right . Imagine her place on such a list in 1949 !

The USA is 11th which goes to show that money does not buy health . China must take steps right now to prevent the epidemic of well to do societies with life-style diseases associated with excess weight and lack of fitness and exercise .  This is preventable and China is at a stage where wide spread education , attitudinal correctness and encouragement can do a lot . It is better to prevent than to cure .

Well done China .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-9 17:48:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-10-9 15:00
China leads developing countries on health list

By Xie Yu (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-10-09

China ranked 13th on a list ranking international health conditions release ...

Top 4 are scandinavians

are you sure OZZIE are HEALTHY??

We read of too many fat ozzies that ambulances have pproblems to carry

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-9 18:02:35 |Display all floors

Lit Time Bomb .

Aussies are healthy on the NHI measurements listed above : metabolism , immunities , nervous systems and behavior ". The obesity and overweight problem is a time bomb well and truly lit . The epidemic has started and the explosion is just round the corner . The tragedy is that the Aborigines " enjoy " a 17 year LESS life expectancy than the general population . It shows an entrenched racist attitude and disregard for that part of the population .:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-9 18:08:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2008-10-9 18:02
Aussies are healthy on the NHI measurements listed above : metabolism , immunities , nervous systems and behavior ". The obesity and overweight problem is a time bomb well and truly lit . The  ...

i read those whites just said those blacks are just too lazy

The world fattest man at ~1000 pounds just died from heart failure, really a time bomb or mine

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.