Author: jiangtsai

US to Station Nukes in TWN [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-5 19:51:10 |Display all floors

Reply #7 cartkingsky's post

First we have to wait for verification before we start pointing the finger. I'd hazard a guess that this is just a crock-a-----e designed to stir further anti-US rhetoric etc. Bush already said that no more sales would be made and it would make no sense for the US, officially or otherwise, to announce such a move knowing full well what Beijings reaction would be (Re; nukes), especially at this time of crisis in the US. I guess someone's trying to put a nail in the coffin so to speak.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-5 20:09:33 |Display all floors

verification?

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-10-5 19:51
First we have to wait for verification before we start pointing the finger. I'd hazard a guess that this is just a crock-a-----e designed to stir further anti-US rhetoric etc. Bush already said that no more sales would be made and it would make no sense for the US, officially or otherwise, to announce such a move knowing full well what Beijings reaction would be (Re; nukes), especially at this time of crisis in the US. I guess someone's trying to put a nail in the coffin so to speak.  

The weapon sale to Taiwan has been officially signed by Bush on October 3rd. I can give you more details: 6.463 billion USD worth of weapons, including missles, warplanes, attack helicopters and some other items. And it was not long after Chinese Bank promised to purchase like 200 billion USD worth of American bond to help US get out of the subprime crisis. This is the way Americans repay our kindness. Thank you, Amerikan!
无知无耻无能无聊的西方人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-5 20:10:16 |Display all floors

verification?

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-10-5 19:51
First we have to wait for verification before we start pointing the finger. I'd hazard a guess that this is just a crock-a-----e designed to stir further anti-US rhetoric etc. Bush already said tha ...

The weapon sale to TW has been officially signed by Bush on October 3rd. I can give you more details: 6.463 billion USD worth of weapons, including missles, warplanes, attack helicopters and some other items. And it was not long after Chinese Bank promised to purchase like 200 billion USD worth of American bond to help US get out of the subprime crisis. This is the way Americans repay our kindness. Thank you, Amerikan!
无知无耻无能无聊的西方人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-6 06:29:57 |Display all floors
It really surprises me how stupid Satsu is. This was, of course, American policy in the Cold War, when the world wasn't unipolar, and it has been less its policy when the world is unipolar. But the true idiocy of Satsu and his ilk is the thought that somehow China is "contained" if the island does its own thing.

Who would have thought that 1.3 billion people are so afraid of their own damn shadow that they can't set foot outside their door when an island is ruled by someone else.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-6 06:37:05 |Display all floors
Kiwi,

Actually, this sale is an older one, already long discussed. The way it works with the Chinese media is that they are instructed to strenuously object when the arrangements are fist discussed and then to strenuously object again when they are finalized. What actually happens is that the US has an informal but widely understood security arrangement with TWN and these sales are actually discussed with the PRC in advance. This is not to say that their opinion much matters, but the actual terms and technologies transferred are known to the Chinese government long in advance of the transfer and these discussions don't sound anything like the public rhetoric because this arrangement is well understood among the parties.

The public outrage is for saving domestic face; nothing comes of it in terms of relations and the US government, for its part, does not publicize the sales. To be sure, more political elements will, but Defense and State will do more than the legally required reporting without being asked.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-6 08:07:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2008-10-5 14:38
So what else is new? The Yanks want to keep China divided. We all know that.

Well it seems that the Twnese also want to keep themselves "divided" too, considering the current political system on the mainland.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-6 09:40:16 |Display all floors
Satsu, I'm sorry all the informations about R. Kadeer were censored in china, but you know the truth sometimes is outside and sometimes outside peoples just do their works.: I give you the best link I found about it, as there are many many llinks in forein countries about this news:

http://sylvielasserre.blog.lemon ... -la-cause-ouigoure/

I will be very pleased to give you any translation if you need.

So see, it's truely an amazing news, exactlly as you say.

For TW, I'm truly surprised this news seems to be  a scoop, as many peoples I know openly talked about it, since many years ago
???

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.