Author: ouyangdan

Is China the greatest civilization that has ever existed in the universe? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-10-4 16:30:58 |Display all floors
God has blessed America...and China, too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-4 19:14:57 |Display all floors
Y'know, the universe is a pretty darned big place and there's a whole heap of it we don't know anything about so to assume that any nation on earth would be the greatest civilisation in said universe is just plain stupid and arrogant. Those who are arrogant usually get their comeuppance. Thank God I'm from a small and unpretentious little country with no such pretentions....except maybe, the All Blacks but hey, even they lose sometimes......the best has to lose sometimes to give it perspective....much like the US now.
peace y'all!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-4 19:34:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ouyangdan at 2008-10-4 02:24
Is China the greatest civilization that has ever existed in the universe?

Yes! I can prove it!

Let me know if you are open minded enough to hear it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-4 19:49:13 |Display all floors
Does it even matter?
时运不济.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-4 20:04:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by buddy35 at 2008-10-4 19:34

Yes! I can prove it!

Let me know if you are open minded enough to hear it.

but you are not chinese idiot !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-4 22:01:26 |Display all floors

Reply #11 buddy35's post

I'd like to hear it as long as it isn't "slamming" us Westerners as usual.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-10-5 01:47:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-10-4 22:01
I'd like to hear it as long as it isn't "slamming" us Westerners as usual.

OK. Here goes!

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, possibly about 15 billion years ago, the Universe was created in a big bang.

At that time, spacetime was created.
At the same time, the energy locked up in the big bang was released.
As the universe expanded, this energy slowly converted to matter, in particular, atoms.

Then gravity started to pull these atoms together to form galaxies.
Within one special galaxy, called the Milky Way, we had local clumping to form the solar system with the sun at the centre.
Planets were formed that spiralled around it.

On one planet, in particular, the earth, life formed.
Soon, men came to inhabit earth.

In one particular place (i.e. China), men developed much faster than elsewhere on the planet.
These special men were extremely smart and became highly cultured (over 5000 years ago) whilst their fellow "man" were living in caves or swinging from tree to tree.

Slowly, these other "men" came out of their caves and stole some of the advanced technologies (e.g. gunpowder) from the Chinese men and went around the globe exterminating their fellow men. This had a negative impact on the Chinese civilization which had to halt its development.

However, as the advanced and highly cultured Chinese observed, these other "men" could not sustain this evil and soon their brief empires started to fall apart and implode.

We are now at this moment in time when the great Chinese civilization will continue its development for the rest of time.

So, to end this discussion, we can see that in all the universe the greatest civilization has been the Chinese.

(Note 1: We should give some credit to our Indian brothers who developed side by side with us.
Note 2: Since we do not know if there is life elsewhere in the universe, the discussion above, focussed on the earth.)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.