Views: 3366|Replies: 8

ask for suggestions: how to make friends when riding the bus? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-22 22:35:35 |Display all floors
you meet a lot of people when riding the bus to and back from work, and once in a while you tend to come across a stranger you feel like geting to know and imagine how wonderful it would be if you could get acquainted with him or her and you imagine many other wonderful occassions... so how to make the first pass to get to know him or her

Any suggestions will be valued and appreicated...
Burning Alone

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-23 16:35:15 |Display all floors
Have you seen the american TV show "Friends"?
Just copy what Joey did on "Friends"- When he wants to know a woman, he would say,"Hi, how are you doing?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-23 18:01:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhu8jie at 23-9-2008 16:35
Have you seen the american TV show "Friends"?
Just copy what Joey did on "Friends"- When he wants to know a woman, he would say,"Hi, how are you doing?"

well thats America...I think if you ask this in the bus in China they will call you  神经病 ...
I also find its strange..........unless you just happen to talk about something with HEY!  etc..but that's rare...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-23 20:19:30 |Display all floors
How about something chinese such as"Hey~~~, have you eaten?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-23 20:26:11 |Display all floors
I think it is not very romantic to know someone on the bus in China.

Imagine that in China it is always so crowdy in the bus, and sometimes there is no AC on the bus. It will be very hot and stuffy, maybe you are very sweaty and dusty. En~~~you see some one you want to know in the bus but (s)he is standing far away from you. Then you squeeze hard from on place to another place for approching the (wo)man, finally you get through,and you say,"Hey~~have you eaten?"

A bit funny, isn't it?

[ Last edited by zhu8jie at 2008-9-23 08:27 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-24 17:59:18 |Display all floors
You may take a picture of him/her, put the picture on the internet, e.g., tianya, sohu or sina.  I believe the forumite will voluntarily do an internet manhunt for you.

Then the person will find you and probably will sue you, but at least you will have a lot of oppotunities to talk to him/her now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-25 17:51:44 |Display all floors

bad idea

Originally posted by littleboat at 2008-9-24 17:59
You may take a picture of him/her, put the picture on the internet, e.g., tianya, sohu or sina.  I believe the forumite will voluntarily do an internet manhunt for you.

Then the person will find ...

This is foolish, how can you make a pic if you have not got the approval from them ? I will be very angry if this happens to me !

I think you can try to ask the time ,although this is very old -fashioned but I think this is okay. This is the opening, then you  can start to ask some simple questions, then the cellphone no. etc

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.