Author: winnie0306

Sanlu to recall milk powder as baby dies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-12 21:33:37 |Display all floors
I never buy so cheap milk for my baby....also in my city,i seldom see sanlu milk in the shop windows,
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-13 17:36:25 |Display all floors
Quote from Xinhua

"Despite Chinese support for domestic brands, society cannot help getting angry at Sanlu and the quality watchdog. When problems arise it's always easy to blame someone else the way Sanlu has done to dairy farmers and milk dealers. But isn't the company itself to blame for the tragedy? Those children could be healthy had the company conducted its own quality control.

Yet, until Friday afternoon, not a word was said of the incident on the company's website, let alone an apology.

The quality inspection administration, too, has a larger role to play in facing the country's abundance of product safety problems, ranging from milk powder, seafood, pork and duck eggs to toothpaste and children's wear, among others, in recent years."

Xinhua is right

people in China should boycott Sanlu, don't use their products, they don't face up responsibility, only blame others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-13 17:50:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-9-13 18:00:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by loststar at 2008-9-12 22:33
I never buy so cheap milk for my baby....also in my city,i seldom see sanlu milk in the shop windows,

This is easy to say if you have enough money to buy more expensive and perhaps more trustworthy products. Not all people can afford to buy high quality products. I believe that it is the damned duty of a quality and health supervisory body to order fraudulent companies like  Sunlu to shut down production and force them into liquidation. At the same time the company management must be held responsible and be brought to justice. If this happens two or three times and the news about such draconian measures are reported on TV and in newspapers the situation will quickly change for the better, I bet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-13 18:10:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-9-13 18:20:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2008-9-13 19:10

Yes, you are quite right. I did not state anything different. Actually food prices are also not that low in Germany and many people go to a Discounter. They have no bad reputation, Aldi is know ...

It always needs either a drama as is Sunlu's case or a whistleblower. We had several fraudulent food cases over here, such as relabeled meat, contaminated rice, etc. Companies have to close down and the proprietors/management  has to be punished.

[ Last edited by satsu_jin at 2008-9-13 08:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-13 19:02:28 |Display all floors
At least this one is not a substitution racket.E.g Wheat for baby milk powder.

Poor inspection procedures.Sanlu can not regain consumer confidence.It should not exist after this.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.