Author: sleepytear

I am so lickered up by what's called " be lickered up"? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-9-3 13:20:45 |Display all floors

Ogilvie: One thing I’d like to know. I got a curious nature, ma’am. How’d you figure where he was?

Duchess:        You know so much... I suppose it doesn’t matter. My husband has a habit of making notes while he is telephoning. Afterward he often forgets to destroy them.

Ogilvie:     A little careless habit like that, Duke - look at the mess it gets you in.

Francie:     Well, here’s what we figure about the rest. You and your wife took off home, you driving, though the way things turned out it might have been better if she’d have drove.

Duke:         My wife doesn’t drive.

Ogilvie:      Explains that one. Anyway, I reckon you were lickered up, but good...

Duchess:     Then you don’t know! You don’t know anything for sure! You can’t possibly prove...

Francie:          Lady, I can prove all we need to. All we need to

Duke:        Better let them finish, old girl.

Live and Love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-3 13:25:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sleepytear at 2008-9-3 13:19
so there was an adult video in 1800?

我没有语言了~

你问licker是什么 我随便给你找了个licker的解释  这些东西又不是唯一的

你看的是 Alleys of Darkness 吧?

It was the Old Man, with licker on his breath and tears in his eyes.

"I was lickered up," he wept. "I got no sense when I'm full. Old Cap'n Donnelly, and McVey and them got to raggin' me, and the first thing I knowed, I'd bet 'em the thousand, givin' heavy odds. Now I'm rooint!"

liquor
n.
液体, 汁,酒精饮料, [药]溶液
vt.
浸水
vi.
喝酒

自己想想
  Live and Love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-3 15:24:55 |Display all floors
I think it might mean "got beaten up".... Think I came across things like that  in... Tom Sawyer or maybe Huckleberry Finn?
世上就怕“认真”二字,I'll try my best

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-3 15:33:52 |Display all floors
i do not know

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-3 15:50:21 |Display all floors
“It will serve you right if that sly piece does accept one of you,” she said. “Or maybe she’ll accept both of you, and then you’ll have to move to Utah, if the Mormons’ll have you—which I doubt… All that bothers me is that some one of these days you’re both going to get lickered up (被迷惑的) and jealous of each other about that two-faced, little, green-eyed baggage, and you’ll shoot each other. But that might not be a bad idea either.”
---from" Gone with the wind"
  Live and Love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-19 02:57:15 |Display all floors
dunno

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-2-20 09:43:41 |Display all floors

lickered up?

the problem is in the spelling.
Liqoured up = means you have been drinking ligour and you are now drunk.
drunk= too much alcohol and now you may be falling down, talking diiferent (not clear)
hope this helps

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.