Author: emucentral

Nobel Prize winner is admitted to hospital [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2008-8-29 15:18:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 15:50:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-8-29 15:09

When the Chief Monk from Thailand or Japan win their Nobel Prizes and have the same level of recognition around the world, then their every move will be subject to the same level of scrutiny by ...

I respect your bravery, because you post this kind of thread in this forum. But I find that your views are completely based on western medias, which are also not always objective and balanced. If you know Chinese, I would like to recommend you a book named '天葬-西藏的命运', which depicts the history and relation of T-i-b-e-t on an objective stance. Hope this book can help you learn more about T-i-b-e-t and thus form a real balanced view.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-8-29 15:59:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-8-29 16:09

When the Chief Monk from Thailand or Japan win their Nobel Prizes and have the same level of recognition around the world, then their every move will be subject to the same level of scrutiny by ...

Good point Emu, I forgot about the Nobel 'peace' price.  But wasn't there something....?   Ahhh, now I remember:

Didn't Yasser Arafat also win a Nobel 'peace' price?

Maybe in Oslo they should change the committee members who nominate such famous personalities. If not, the next one could well be Osama bin Laden.

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2008-8-29 16:08:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 16:56:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-8-29 17:59
Didn't Yasser Arafat also win a Nobel 'peace' price?

Of course, thanks for reminding me.

Arafat got considerable media coverage when he was admitted to hospital, why not the DL in CD ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 17:09:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2008-8-29 16:56
Of course, thanks for reminding me.

Arafat got considerable media coverage when he was admitted to hospital, why not the DL in CD ?

Because Arafat's dead will affect the western interest in the region.

Same as DL.

But not the same case as Thailand's Buddhist leader.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 17:13:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by breezeeyang at 2008-8-29 17:50
I respect your bravery, because you post this kind of thread in this forum. But I find that your views are completely based on western medias, which are also not always objective and balanced. If you know Chinese, I would like to recommend you a book named '天葬-西藏的命运', which depicts the history and relation of T-i-b-e-t on an objective stance. Hope this book can help you learn more about T-i-b-e-t and thus form a real balanced view.  ...

Thankyou for your response breezeeyang.
Thankyou also for your reading recommendation. Unfortunately I do not read or speak Chinese so I would not be able to take advantage of the perspective you mentioned.
Fortunately CD does provide such viewpoints in English, and there are other Chinese websites which provide a virtually identical perspective.
What I find missing is any dissent in the Chinese media, or alternative views from a Chinese perspective.
Yet, in the west, we can read a large number of viewpoints critical of the DL, from westerners.
So think you are a little mistaken in implying that the western media only provides a one viewpoint. It most certainly provides alternative views and opinions and so in that respect it is far more balanced that what I've been able to find in China's official media.

I thank you, however, for your opinion. Even though it differs from mine you have responded in a positive and constructive way which is something sadly lacking from some contributors here.

Cheers
JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.