Author: chinadaily

German broadcaster suspends Chinese worker [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-8-29 21:58:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2008-8-29 22:43

How can you have  "freedom of knowing" in China,

when you sit behind the Great Firewall !!!

I don't see the difference that you want us to see. Any positive opinion about China is prohibited in German state censored media. The  'Koelner Stadt Anzeiger' is a local and private newspaper with a limited distribution in and around the city of Cologne, i.e reached by max 1/85th of the population. DW is Germany's international mouthpiece. It is sad that you don't want to see the difference. Brainwashing is not a one sided affair, for sure.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-8-29 22:00:14 |Display all floors
Naive,

I don't see the difference that you want us to see. Any positive opinion about China is prohibited in German state controlled media. The  'Koelner Stadt Anzeiger' is a local and private newspaper with a limited distribution in and around the city of Cologne. DW is Germany's international mouthpiece. It is sad that you don't want to see the difference. B  r ai  n w a s  hi  ng    is not a one sided affair, for sure. You're the best example.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 22:06:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-8-29 22:00
B  r ai  n w a s  hi  ng    is not a one sided affair, for sure.  

I agree. Otherwise you would not have to write the first word as you did.
[b]Horace T. West[/b]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 22:17:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by peterb at 2008-8-29 21:24

"Freedom of knowing" to them means their daily dose of sex, violence and "reality" tv, as this is the way freedom is defined for the masses by the masters of the NWO. Of cou ...

One of my friend who spent two years in Germany once told me that Germans as well as some other Europeans are surprisingly ignorant about China as if China still in the 1900 or even earlier and Chinese government a tyrant-cracy.What is worse, Germans add their ignorance with their bigotry, which makes the communication even harder. In the first place my friend tried to persuade them but soon he lost his patience and gave up. In retrospect I think he made the good (but not right)  choice because he might well had been kicked out just like Zhang for saying too much.
无知无耻无能无聊的西方人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 22:19:47 |Display all floors
this the western country's true face,hypocritical face.It always attack our country's human right and always emphasize the free speech.Now,everyone can view the true terminal of the German form this event.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 22:20:56 |Display all floors

Wie Gehts chaps

Now here we have a very instructive thread.

Herr Horace provides quotes in German with his English translation. He was criticised elsewhere for one of his conclusions from another report in the German media where his quotes were examined by another poster.
Yet Herr Horace is able to take others remarks in good faith.

We have Herr Naive (who obviously isn't) who rightfully points out that this sort of debate CAN and DOES take place in Germany, and our Kiwi friend who points out the bias implicit in the original premise of this thread that because it was a Chinese journalist involved that Germany is automatically extra-bad.
If only the Chinauvinists were so concerned about the rights of Chinese journalists in China.
(Hello Mr. Ching Cheong, how's life outta jail ?)
Look, I am not defending the behaviour or the organisation for suspending the journo, but sheesh, when those in the glass houses are the ones lobbing all the yonnies........
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-29 22:29:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by horacetwest at 2008-8-29 21:25

The difference between Germany and China is still the following: Danhong Zhang was suspended from work but so far did not loose her job. Further several other German journals have openly and sh ...

So, a journalist was suspended from DW for saying something good about Chin.a's Govt., while smear merchants in the ARD are allowed to work with a Murdoch rag (London Times) to publish unsubstantiated garbage about an unnamed hospital in Chi.na using stem cell therapy in a supposedly unethical way just prior to the Olympics? Did I miss something? Oh yes, a local Cologne newspaper criticized the suspension. Will Madam Merkel burn down the new "Reichstag" and blame it on the Chi.nese? Perhaps Murdoch knows.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.