Author: yuan_zcen

Russia recognizes South Ossetia and Abkhazia [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-8-27 23:02:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-8-27 21:00
I think China could try to talk some sense to their SCO ally, Russia. China certainly doesn't want trouble right now while basking in the glow of success due to the Olympics. I know that there are  ...

Kiwi,

I would prefer that China entirely keeps out of this conflict. As for NATO vessels. Don't worry. Nobody shoots. Continental Western Europe is neither willing nor prepared for a war with Russia. The way it looks like is that the Russians will stay where they're now and after some weeks the dust settles. Abkhasia and S-Ossetia will be independent states that are cared for by Russia much the same way as Kosovo is financed by the US and some W-European nations. Of course this doesn't mean that there are no new conflicts popping up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-28 09:49:58 |Display all floors
China 'concerned' of situation in South Ossetia, Abkhazia
Updated: 2008-08-27 20:00

BEIJING - China is "concerned of the latest development in South Ossetia and Abkhazia," Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said on Wednesday.

Qin's comments, in response to a journalist's question, came after Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Tuesday signed decrees that recognized the independence of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, while Georgia and some other countries opposed it.

"We have a knowledge of the complicated history and reality of the South Ossetia and Abkhazia issues," Qin said. "In accordance with China's consistent and principled stance on issues of this kind, we hope the relevant parties can resolve the issue through dialogue and consultation."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-9-5 15:17:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2008-8-27 14:30

1 Are the Bushies trying to create a "national emergency" pretext for canceling the presidential election?

CAN THEY???

I believe that they can. It worked during WWII ...

They may have a try if Mccain lose the election, in a bit to prolong the presidential term of republicans.
[url=http://www.chinahdtv.org/promotionlink.php?key=24856e9c0fb449bb9366b526cbeb40dc][img]http://www.chinahdtv.org/pic/prolink.png[/img][/url]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.