Author: buddy35

China and its People: The Most Envied Civilization [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-27 12:47:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-8-27 11:56
He's right though, it has been used before, I googled it and then posted an apology, dunno where that post went though!

You probably started a new thread and everybody is in there flaming you for being an apoligist but without understanding why.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-27 12:53:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fatdragon at 2008-8-27 11:51

While I agree there are plenty of examples to be found by googling, I think you are doing a Gavin Menzies interpretation on the subject.

The Chinese ideogram for "crisis" is made  ...

Thxs for showing the facts

it was not used by G M but JFK to describe Cuba crisis that time

It is all based on KNOWLEDGE, not twistings of FACTS

& where in the Apology to chinese???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-27 16:23:53 |Display all floors

Reply #38 fatdragon's post

Lol, yeah, now that'd be a joke!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-27 16:32:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2008-8-27 11:32

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right!

I just googled it and I'm sorry folks, I truly thought it was original!
query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE7DC103DF930A35752C1A965958260& ...

Wise Saying : LOOK before you LEAP, off the Wall
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-28 02:50:50 |Display all floors
1) I don't agree with the quote posted in the first thread. It is really stupid and insecure. And I don't think it represents majority of Chinese. And it acutally sounds very sarcarstic. So I am just laughing at it.
2) Stop raining on their parade.- I am glad to see Chinese are proud of themselves, especially proud of the success of the game. And it is really rude to pick on China or Chinese people under the mask of "constructive critism". Imagin your kid just got a good mark from school and your so proud and excited. Then your neighboure came over saying:"mmm....I wonder how your kid did it? Did your kid cheat? No? Did you let you kid out at all? Did you imprisoned your kid for the exam? Is that really your kid? Why r u so excited? You still have a lot of medical bill to pay! Your house needs a new roof...I am going to say whatever I want to make you feel like crap!" A lot of comments in the forum are just darn rude. From what I read from other threads, Chinese people are quiet aware exsiting domestic issues. So let them celebrate for the success and solve their own issues later. It is not my business to interfer.
3) Friendly discussion is positive. Argument is pointless, especially when both sides have made up their minds on not changing opinions. At these point, people are not arguing over the whatever topic anymore, they are defending themselves of being right. Most people hate the feeling of realizing "I am wrong, or I wasn't right" so much that they will fight tooth and nail to defend themselves, conciously or unconciously. If a discussion comes to this point, please make sure you are representing yourself, not the country you come from.
4) Remeber, freedom of speech gives your right to express your opinion, and also gives other people rights to express their opinions. However, opinions don't equal to facts. Even facts are not the same with truth. So be careful when saying things like:" I saw, I heard, I read, I expericed....."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-28 07:34:06 |Display all floors

Reply #42 yoyofarrell's post

#1; welcome.
#2; best you know more about the crap foreigners go through here before you suggest we do this or that. You'll find most of us merely react to a fair bit of anti-Western sentiment here.
I do agree about raining on the parade, and have said so as have many others here. You'll find that, as always and everywhere, there are those with sour grapes. Read on and enjoy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-28 13:48:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yoyofarrell at 2008-8-28 02:50
1) I don't agree with the quote posted in the first thread. It is really stupid and insecure. And I don't think it represents majority of Chinese. And it acutally sounds very sarcarstic. So I am ju ...

Good to see a balanced viewpoint.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.