Author: hugosl

Another sad country...Vietnam! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-25 11:19:02 |Display all floors
In fact, we needn't to argue with each other for this topic, because the language isn't made by one or two men, or in short time. even so many people use it for long time, it's said it is not the bad and can live longer. If no one like to use it or less and less people do it, this language will ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-25 15:01:50 |Display all floors
I thought the meaning of script was not like your word,master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-30 10:11:43 |Display all floors
The French latinize the language in order to spread Christianity.  It is quite sad, but the ancient Vietnamese script was just a offshoot of Chinese dialect, so the Vietnamese never have a truly unique script.  I think Latin alphabet make the language accessible to illiterate population, but Vietnam have been fighting of invaders for thousands of years, so naturally it would be influenced by foreign culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-30 14:54:23 |Display all floors
WAOWW : THIS THREAD IS AN INCREDIBLE CONCENTRATION OF DUMB RARELY SEEN EVEN ON CD FORUM!

To hugosl :

If Vietnam is proud, it should make its own alphabet!

please go to school, you will learn that only 5 per cent of this planet society have w writtel language, however, they lived for thousand years very good without having written language.

victor1983: before affirm such stupid things, please be honest with the people who give you some times to read your post:

It is quite sad, but the ancient Vietnamese script was just a offshoot of Chinese dialect

Ancien vietnamese , ancient chinese: AT first, in this ANCIENT TIME there was NO CHINA AND NO VIETNAM.

Vietnam language belong to a linguistic group that was later influenced by chinese and western languages, but, please, there are thousand of ligh years between modern chinese and vietnamese. even the recent history made vietnamese adopt many chinese words, grammar, syntax, and especially pronunciation are far far far from chinese language. Ancient Vietnamese can be more easily linked to ancient cantonese.

And the Gold awards is for hardluck2008 , with this brillant post

U are more stupid

Of course I maybe stupid for such intelligent peoples like you, but, please, tell me, do you prefer wasting your time using your finger to write a 1000 pages thesis on word programm or would you prefer a vocal recognize computer that just listen and write what you say?
written language were imposed by strong societies of this world, but it doesnt mean that wrtitten language is future.
I give you another argument if you understand: in the non written language societies, the learning process takes more long time, but it help the adaptation and creativity of peoples. Cause they dont havee to stupidly recite without understand.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-11-30 15:16:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yasawakic at 2008-11-30 15:54
WAOWW : THIS THREAD IS AN INCREDIBLE CONCENTRATION OF DUMB RARELY SEEN EVEN ON CD FORUM!

To hugosl :

please go to school, you will learn that only 5 per cent of this planet society have w  ...

Ancient Vietnamese can be more easily linked to ancient cantonese.

....and Cantonese would be what if not Chinese?

Maybe they imported it from King Charlemagne - without an import license?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-11-30 18:45:54 |Display all floors
No controversy there Satsu, I just share what I know and hope anybody stop to says such enormous dumb things!

When we talk about "ancient cantonese", we should even dont use the word "cantonese" as this word had no meaning 1000 years ago.

II mean the language that can be considered as the "ancestor" of cantonese. And so for the vietnamese.

For the relation with Charlemagne  , not so far that you think as Vietnam was closely linked with hindouist kingdoms, and any linguistic science student know the relation between indo-european language and South Asia. However, the Indochina time as gone and, the propaganda of the little vietnemese student who where study in the books 'our ancestors'....so please dont do again the same sh.t

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-14 14:43:34 |Display all floors
I found this site while searching for pre-Chinese Vietnamese writing and found some interesting articles. I'm not trying to prove anything (until there is enough concrete evidence to support it, of course), but here's a couple:

http://vietnamnews.vnagency [dot] com [dot] vn/showarticle.php?num=04SUN171206

This one is in Vietnamese, but has some nice pictures:
http://uk.blog [dot] 360 [dot] yahoo [dot] com/blog-Hs9HP9s5dLKB.RSrelidl5dECRRu?p=757

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.