Author: interesting

BOCOG Official Slams Media [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-23 22:37:00 |Display all floors

Reply #20 capt_kirk's post

You can see for yourself I am now flying another avatar, one that looks just about the same as the last, do computers really know the difference.

Have fun at the Games!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 22:43:22 |Display all floors
well that is half decent of you at least Broken Heart.

China

49 Gold

19 Silver

28 Bronze

so the China Daily Website tell me.

Good Night

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 22:56:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by capt_kirk at 2008-8-24 00:00
I must agree with you, the enemy of China  . . . .

I really have to disabuse you of that mistaken notion, Captain.

If I was an "enemy of China" I wouldn't be here.

I am interested in China, enthusiastic about her progress and the development of living standards and rights for her people.

What I object to, from China, are the things that hold back these beneficial developments for the Chinese people, some within, some without.

There are three main categories which attract my attention.

1/ We read here comments from those who are already privileged who don't want to rock the boat and jeapordise their privilege.

2/ We read here comments from those who aren't even Chinese citizens and who don't face the challenges of the ordinary people.

3/ And we read here the comments from those who have personal politics more aligned with traditional communism.

Those in the first category are the worst of the lot, they are selfish and think only for themselves. They are morally corrupt.
Those in the second category are often driven by some racist agenda of ethnic superiority, they are also morally corrupt.
Those in the third category include those with a geniunely held belief in the superiority of the communist system. I disagree with this viewpoint and seek to challenge their beliefs by pointing out the shortcomings of such a system.

There are also some who mistake a criticism of their political system as an attack on the people of China generally. Many of these are Chinese residents for whom English is a 2nd or 3rd language and may have difficulties with detecting the subtleties in these comments.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 22:57:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by capt_kirk at 2008-8-24 00:00
I must agree with you, the enemy of China  . . . .

I really have to disabuse you of that mistaken notion, Captain.

If I was an "enemy of China" I wouldn't be here.

I am interested in China, enthusiastic about her progress and the development of living standards and rights for her people.

What I object to, from China, are the things that hold back these beneficial developments for the Chinese people, some within, some without.

There are three main categories which attract my attention.

1/ We read here comments from those who are already privileged who don't want to rock the boat and jeapordise their privilege.

2/ We read here comments from those who aren't even Chinese citizens and who don't face the challenges of the ordinary people.

3/ And we read here the comments from those who have personal politics more aligned with traditional co.m.mu.n.ism.

Those in the first category are the worst of the lot, they are selfish and think only for themselves. They are morally corrupt.
Those in the second category are often driven by some racist agenda of ethnic superiority, they are also morally corrupt.
Those in the third category include those with a geniunely held belief in the superiority of the co.m.m.un.ist system. I disagree with this viewpoint and seek to challenge their beliefs by pointing out the shortcomings of such a system.

There are also some who mistake a criticism of their political system as an attack on the people of China generally. Many of these are Chinese residents for whom English is a 2nd or 3rd language and may have difficulties with detecting the subtleties in these comments.

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2008-8-24 12:58 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 23:42:52 |Display all floors
mmm

I have reprinted some of it, so I could follow it better.

3/ And we read here the comments from those who have personal politics more aligned with traditional co.m.mu.n.ism.

Those in the third category include those with a geniunely held belief in the superiority of the co.m.m.un.ist system. I disagree with this viewpoint and seek to challenge their beliefs by pointing out the shortcomings of such a system.

There are also some who mistake a criticism of their political system as an attack on the people of China generally. Many of these are Chinese residents for whom English is a 2nd or 3rd language and may have difficulties with detecting the subtleties in these comments

--------

I am not so sure that there are as many as 3, my innocent thread was deleted as you may have noted, but it stayed up long enough to agree with some of your points and of course not others.

mmm, I do not want to go into a long answer, because others will not read it, you may, but they will not.

As I say, I do not think there are 3, I think there are 2 basic pro Chinese positions, of course there will be infinite variations, greed is not exactly a racial or a national or even a cultural trait, it is a human condition.

I am sure you have read the original English text of the 1949 speech by the great Chinese leader of that time, which uses none of the terms that you use, because it was never the intention to create the state you describe.

That document clearly describes the intended China and that is indeed the China that we have.

You will of course find the full text in the chairman thread in China Today, and you should read it and see that it does not prescribe the state that you depict and depict often.

I say there are 2 basic " PRO " Chinese positions.

You must as you already do, ignore the rabid dog, me too, partial bred off shore opinion, from foreign non Chinese.

Back to the 2.

One is based on Chinese Culture and love and doing the right thing where possible for the vast majority that are either too poor to defend themselves or too weak to defend themselves and I am not too sure that they are not exactly the same thing. I know that chairman used to tell you in different threads, secrets, and I agree, China has many secrets, China needs to defend herself against many tried and proved enemies, that would harm her and ultimately destroy her.
This group is across a large section of China from rich to poor.
They simply love China and will do anything that is required to defend her territory, defend her borders.
This group will never do anything to harm mother China, no matter they drive a BENZ or an OX cart.
They are the vast majority of Chinese.
The real Chinese, the Chinese you so often seek to portray as, manufactured Chinese.
Let us call them, the 96%

The second group, would sell their own mother if it assisted them to be on top of another.
As I said, greed is a human condition.
They would say anything and do anything to fill their own pockets with Chinese Gold.
They do not care who they harm or how much they harm them.
They are only there for self, a pure matter of self, for self, by self.
They are a minority, the forum has many of them.
Unfortunately they have much to say and make it look like group 2 is saying this and that,
When that is in fact not the case.
The second group is small, very small in the scheme of things in China, where they have power, it is small or limited.
Call them the disloyal hanjian, the 4%.

Still, nothing I say will ever change your mind, as you are single minded, as you know.

Convinced of a position and to your credit you never deviate from that position.

It does not make you right Emucentral, it just makes you a human of some worth based on determination.

Never say die being to your credit, trying as you might to prove and provoke what simply is not there, is to your credit, but I say again, it does not make you right or correct, it just makes you determined to be right. :)

I would like to end this reply by saying something to you that chairman wrote to you many times.

The Government of China is Chinese and when your son dies Emucentral, the Government of China will still be Chinese and will still be loacted in Beijing and will still rule China for all Chinese.

So, you only have 2 choices, to see things from the perspective of Group 1 in my list, or to die saying the same thing over and over at the keyboard.

The 96% will win in China and the 4%, well, they will be dealt with in time.

China values " TIME " quite differently to the west.

China values the MEDIA quite differently as well.

chairman told you many times, no one elected the media, the people elcted the Government.

I do not think you understand the true and genuine pressure that is on the Chinese Government to deliver the will of the people, the will of the simply vast and great majority.

END

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 23:45:07 |Display all floors

Reply #24 capt_kirk's post

co.m.mu.n.ism
LOOK AT THIS YOU ARE A LIAR

Have fun and enjoy the Games.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 23:51:09 |Display all floors
Oh you have changed your avatar, how nice complete with a pole, very creative, now tell me where I lied in post 24 to Emucentral.

Thank You.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.