Author: interesting

BOCOG Official Slams Media [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-23 10:39:56 |Display all floors

Reply #1 interesting's post

"So many criticisms in this room just reflect how biased some of the media are about China, how little some of the media understand China."

This is a very important sentence followed by "History will judge the IOC as correct in awarding the Summer Games to Beijing."  The judge of this event is History not the present the media should realize that when you have not been heard to be right preceding the event you will not be listened to until after the very last participant has been returned safely home.  We have heard no predictions of how spectacular the Opening Ceremony would be nor have we heard their crystal ball on how many Gold medals the Chinese team would win.

This is a sad day for those that have come to Beijing tied to biased news for the Games are coming to a close which by all means will also be predictably wonderful, next time these journalists have this much advanced warning as "the Open Door to China" they should know to do their homework.

Isn't prepared the thorough generous and honest method of reporting instead of coming up short with the Host Nation because what will happen to the last Host Nation and the future Host Nation if their journals don't understand China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 13:11:24 |Display all floors

Uncouth and uncivilized behavior .

#7 icke,

You are almost half right . A vigorous press is good . But professionalism and common manners also come into play . The pushing of a political agenda is not part of the commission of the journalist . They should report events ; not create them .  No amount of banner waving and chaining to a post would alter any of the regulation politics in China . These transparent ploys to cause trouble is there for all to see. It is a nasty way of spoiling the party for the world's youth without any rewards . The sooner the western piranha feeding frenzy displayed by the so called journalists change to a more civil and mature behavior , the better it will be for them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 13:23:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 13:49:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamnaive at 2008-8-23 13:23

I was missig you Mengzhi. But I have seen you in tv. You have been one of the 15.000 choreographed dancers, right ?

Moving in straight lines, lifting the right leg like the other 14.999. Lik ...

Perhaps you prefer the goose-step march, a Berlin specialty?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 15:35:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2008-8-23 03:16
Wang Wei told a press briefing that there was a bias from some of the journalists.

Now, we've read here about how sport and politics shouldn't mix, and that all these pesky foreign journos should concentrate on the sport and the politics is irrelevant, but isn't that bloke the same one who, at an Olympic Press briefing, went on and gave everyone a spiel about how good things were in TBT ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 16:03:24 |Display all floors
iamnaive is spewing the standard jealousy about how the Chinese can  be disciplined enough to work towards a common good . In the west , it is always a case of  " what is in it for me ? " right ? If I want to be entertained by any sort of mass display , I would certainly like to see a well drilled , synchronized and in tune display , rather than a  to each his own sort of thing so commonly seen in the west . Have you seen how western army or police march ? I rest my case .

emu , you are still the same old , same old stick in the mud . Politics is all these Tbt do-gooders wanted to engage in : from the riots to the Torch disruptions . The Chinese is responding to these irritation and bad manners as a last resort .  If you cannot see the difference between action and reaction , then you are what you are . I rest my case .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-23 17:19:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.