Views: 3534|Replies: 0

按日程? puzzling [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-11 11:31:41 |Display all floors
I wouldn't expect them to do well in the English version of www.beijing2008.cn, but the Chinese version sucks as well.  It appears that somebody actually "reverse engineered" - started with an English version and translated it back into Chinese. As a result we are seeing "scheduled" being translated as "按日程"... It took me a while to figure out what they were trying to say... I would have it as "on schedule" in English but am extremely uneasy with the Chinese version - well, maybe "准时" would be easier to understand? Of course, I am guessing by "scheduled" they are trying to tell us the event has been scheduled and for the moment it is going to take place on time (no delay, no cancellation, kinda like a flight). So, does anyone think they have a better version or think I am being too picky? Either way, you are welcome to spit... it out.
世上就怕“认真”二字,I'll try my best

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.