Author: misscharming

I wanna become a moderator of this forum [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-17 14:16:55 |Display all floors

Do we need strict English

Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2008-8-7 00:22
I would suggest that the first step would be to stop saying "wanna" when you mean to say "want to".

Do we need strict english, see above comments, it just a distinction between an oral english and written english, in such a forum,  is it really necessary, after all, most of us didn't major in english, and most of us didn't release science report..
In many occasions,  only if you can say some key words the foreingers will understand you, however if you always worry about grammar, and didn't dare speak out, then you will get nothing, and your improment  is slow.  So my opinion is don't take too much care of grammars, untill you have got a rich vocabulary to realize it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-18 14:21:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ronglimeng at 2008-8-7 00:22
I would suggest that the first step would be to stop saying "wanna" when you mean to say "want to".

Hi, misscharming
I think that you should insist to use "broken english" which can save you time and make you seems more porfessional.
we are learning english now, also we do need those typical english, like "gona" "wanna" for those are used frequently during the communication with foreigners. We want to learn perfect english.

here is my own opinion

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.