Author: chinadaily

Which Chinese city do you like most? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-7-18 13:36:08 |Display all floors
I like Kunming most. Unfortunately this beautiful city is not mentioned in the poll.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 15:00:50 |Display all floors
"Most people will choose the city they are living, so this poll is kind of....."

True, and this is something distinctive about China.  At least, most British people wouldn't name their own town as the best...

Kunming seconded.  Being the only place with good weather all through the year must count for something.  In fact, except Xi'an this poll is totally east China-centric.  What about the leisurely calm of Chengdu, the spiciness of Chongqing, the crazy altitude of Lhasa?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 15:01:19 |Display all floors
"Most people will choose the city they are living, so this poll is kind of....."

True, and this is something distinctive about China.  At least, most British people wouldn't name their own town as the best...

Kunming seconded.  Being the only place with good weather all through the year must count for something.  In fact, except Xi'an this poll is totally east China-centric.  What about the leisurely calm of Chengdu, the spiciness of Chongqing, the crazy altitude of L- hasa?

Also, Haikou deserves a mention.  Never cold, palm trees, coffee for 2 yuan! At least, I think it was 2 yuan.  But why is Hainan the only part of China with cheap local cofffee as opposed to incredibly expensive imported coffee?

[ Last edited by thepeop at 2008-7-18 03:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 15:10:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2008-7-18 15:01

True, and this is something distinctive about China.  At least, most British people wouldn't name their ...

But why is Hainan the only part of China with cheap local cofffee "

i think coffee is grown in Hainan so it is cheap......as we know many hainanese are coffee shops owners
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 19:15:34 |Display all floors
But why not ship it north?  Are the quantities too small?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 19:41:51 |Display all floors
of course,xi'an,it is my hometown on other reason
Live in the movie!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-25 15:11:15 |Display all floors
Most people will choose their hometown. So i suggest give everyone two chance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.