Author: tradervic

Foreign acts banned after Bjork debacle [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-7-20 09:57:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kodama at 2008-7-20 04:15
It seems there are more people here in the West that support Tibetan independence than people in Tibet supporting it. Those that do support independence have shown they aren't as peace-loving as th ...

Kodama,

It seems there are more people here in the West that support Tibetan independence than people in Tibet supporting it. Those that do support independence have shown they aren't as peace-loving as their fellow Tibetans.

No doubt about this. Tibetan people aren't stupid. Anyone who visits Tibet and has the opportunity to talk to normal people, outside the monastries, quickly realizes that they are happy with what has been achieved. The dramatic increase in the standard of living speaks volumes. And btw, on my trips to Tibet I had a Tibetan interpretor, not a Han Chinese.

When will my fellow Westerners realize the free Tibet cause was little more than an anti-commie propaganda campaign and they're carrying on a dead relic of the Cold War? *sigh*

In the sixties, seventies and eighties it was mainly anti commie propaganda. Presently it is more an attempt to disturb and hamper China's development. Anyhow, it is doomed to fail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-20 13:58:17 |Display all floors

Reply #15 satsu_jin's post

I haven't been to Tbet yet but am hoping to go before my time in China is up, whenever that is! Otherwise, what happens in such cases is none of my business and as a foreigner in China, I know when to shut up and what not to speak about....kinda like the Twan "issue".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.