Author: tradervic

Foreign acts banned after Bjork debacle [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-18 12:15:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2008-7-18 12:03
Bjork is a nut-case. Anyone saw that video of her suddenly attacking a female journalist at the Bangkok airport for no reason whatsoever? The poor girl was just standing there as Bjork walked past!

Ohh? do you have the link?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 12:24:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-7-18 01:57
Foreign acts banned after Bjork debacle

From correspondents in Beijing

July 18, 2008 12:02am

CHINA has announced a ban all entertainers from overseas, Hong Kong and T iw n who have ever  ...

forget it, old news.........one of tv VICES
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 12:41:19 |Display all floors

Reply #8 northwest's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-7-18 13:47:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2008-7-18 13:03
Bjork is a nut-case. Anyone saw that video of her suddenly attacking a female journalist at the Bangkok airport for no reason whatsoever? The poor girl was just standing there as Bjork walked past!

It's good to see that people like her are banned from reentering China again. She misused the hospitality of her host nation. Btw, Bjork not coming anymore is certainly no loss but this is my personal opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-18 14:04:40 |Display all floors

Reply #4 tongluren's post

I have to agree with you here tong. It's not a very polite thing to shout such things at a concert in China, especially knowing the Chinese peoples sensitivities on this and other subjects.
Satsu, I don't think much of her either although she did do a song called "play dead" which I thought was ok.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-19 02:04:45 |Display all floors
Frankly, this sort of thing is an overreaction.

If Kiwi is right about "Chinese people's sensitivities", then Bjork wouldn't play in China again regardless: no one would want to book her, having offended her Chinese fan base.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-20 03:15:38 |Display all floors
It seems there are more people here in the West that support Tibetan independence than people in Tibet supporting it. Those that do support independence have shown they aren't as peace-loving as their fellow Tibetans.

When will my fellow Westerners realize the free Tibet cause was little more than an anti-commie propaganda campaign and they're carrying on a dead relic of the Cold War? *sigh*

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.