Author: hardluck2008

Terrible Insomnia [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-12 03:32:00 |Display all floors

insomnia

Not being able to sleep is a dreadful thing and it is hard to break the cycle because each successive night the fear of not being able to sleep gets worse. My doctor gave me a non drug solution: Get very very tired and exercise at least an hour each day but not just before bed. Make bedtime a ritual and stick to it. Take a very warm bath and meditate on peace stillness of the body starting from toes and work up so that each muscle is willfully relaxed. Put on music timed to go off in an hour and get into bed with all lites off. This worked for me and broke the cycle. I am a nurse and didn't want to take pills to make me sleep. It is my opinion that people take too many drugs. The herbs of the world will help sometimes. I admire the Chinese healing methods very much and employ them in my practice. Valerian and chamomile are herbs that ease one into sleep

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-12 06:53:32 |Display all floors
Regular exercise(prefrrable in day time)
Appropriate room temperature and humidity
Quite and dark(put a piece of dark cloth on  spectacles to wear, use ear plugs)
Don't make the habit of listening to radio to fall asleep
Don't use your bed as reading room--don't do any intellectal things on bed
#7 post warm bath and meditate on peace--most helpful too

These are the tips I think most helpful to me but I was just waken by thunders and can't sleep again. The rains pour on and on.
My problem is that sometimes I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall to asleep again.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-12 07:11:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by amyamy at 2008-7-12 06:53
Regular exercise(prefrrable in day time)
Appropriate room temperature and humidity
Quite and dark(put a piece of dark cloth on  spectacles to wear, use ear plugs)
Don't make the habit of listen ...

theres a new fabric, its call 0 lux or something.. its a soft pliable and seemingly breathable fabric that blocks out 100% of light... and its cheap..

meaning it looks good as curtains and not a drop of light can get through.. if you make curtains, make them about half a meter too long, so you can stop up light getting through the corners, and have a top piece made to cover up the ring sliders, and make it about half a meter too long.. in case you have something near the window you need to cover too

[ Last edited by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 07:12 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-12 10:06:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justbabygirl at 2008-7-12 07:11

theres a new fabric, its call 0 lux or something.. its a soft pliable and seemingly breathable fabric that blocks out 100% of light... and its cheap..

meaning it looks good as curtains and no ...

Thanks. I don't use full curtain(just thin pale curtain) because it blocks the wind. I rarely use air-con except when it's very humid.
I can save water and time from washing the curtain. I don't even have washing machine.

I heard a person said he got allergic from kind of such fabric.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.