Author: chinadaily

China's economy to become world's biggest in 2035: study [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-8-4 13:35:38 |Display all floors

Reply #49 caringhk's post

but of course, my good friend.............

take care!

Green DRagon
Fook Loke Sau

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-4 13:37:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2008-8-4 13:35
but of course, my good friend.............

take care!

Green DRagon
Fook Loke Sau

Martian FLS reply..........???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-8-5 13:07:40 |Display all floors

Reply #51 caringhk's post

likely we need "moon base" and a space station to do the new prosperity!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-9 14:23:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2008-7-9 10:03
WASHINGTON (AFP) - China's economy will overtake that of the United States by 2035 and be twice its size by midcentury, a study released Tuesday by a US research organization concluded.

The rep ...

In terms of purchasing power parity,  like the fact that  I can easily live in China on 3000 RMB a month,  but I would have problems living in America on 3000 USD a month,   like the fact that  I can sit down at a table in China and have a beer for just two yuans,  but I would need to pay seven dollars in America for the same beer, ( the beer at a restaurant table being 21 times more expensive in America )  I would say that you would need to multiply the 3 trillion dollars by a factor of 6 or 7.

If we were to choose a factor of 6,  the Chinese GDP would increase from 3 trillion dollars to 18 trillion dollars,  which would make the GDP of China already bigger than the GDP of America which is only 14 trillion dollars.

And since the Chinese GDP doubles every 7 years,   the GDP of China should be 36 trillion dollars in 2015,   which would make the Chinese GDP 3 times bigger than the GDP of America in 2015.

China is already the biggest economy in the world.

The question is,   how soon will the GDP of China be 3 or 4 times bigger than the GDP of America?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-11 04:02:29 |Display all floors
this is not a very logical argument.   are we now to say that impoverished african countries are in fact extremely wealthy because their people can live on only a few pennies per day?

what is more likely to happen is the chinese economy loses the benefit of the irrationally undervalued yuan.  as manufacturing and labor costs rise, china will face the same issues that japan faced when it could no longer rely on cheap labor and exporting cheap products.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.