Author: chinadaily

China's economy to become world's biggest in 2035: study [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-10 09:35:13 |Display all floors

Hm...

Now where did I put those photos of the China Daily Member of the Month Prize?

Sorry <he who shall not be named>, (maybe named Wassim Chao?) - but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  As it stands you seem be hell bent to pave that road good and wide for P.R. China.

Simple fact of the matter is this - P.R. China has not achieved the critical mass of middle class income earners needed to achieve a reasonable level of independance from the world markets.  To that end, as the costs of transportation and resources go up - the growth that has fed the current engine will falter and crumble.

When that happens - much like in times past - there will be a backlash with laowais - resulting in another down cycle in Chinese economic and political history.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 09:35:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 7/9/2008 08:34 PM
[quote]Originally posted by peterb at 7/9/2008 08:23 PM
Keep dreaming, tv.

BTW, who takes notice of your posts, other than Satsu?

Whoever deletes them. [/quote]

Now that was a nice comeback - thanks!
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 09:41:49 |Display all floors

You mean...

Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-7-10 09:35

Sorry <he who shall not be named>, (maybe named Wassim Chao?) - but the road to hell is paved with good ...

... the road that the U.S. is on?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 12:17:31 |Display all floors

Reply #17 peterb's post

You are too "straight line extrapolation" on the USA.

ha ha ha

Amerikan strategist has seen how "old kongfu" seems to be twarted by Europeans, Japanese, Trade Routes and now China's turn....
Do you think, they might be doing a "rethink"?

We might yet to see an end to "SUPERSIZED IT" kongfu.

Just watch, US$ inflation, rapid rise in minimum wage, careful spending.....etc...in the "land-of-the-free-willed people" might surprise us.
Afterall, they are also doing a population increase strategy, use to be 280m in 2001, today with immigration, it's more like 300 million....

don't just discount the Amerikan just yet!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 12:18:58 |Display all floors

Possibly the Americans now realized "supersized it" kongfu..

..is getting "obsolete"....

ha ha ha

Look Out for American rethinking and new strategies.
It's gonna be one fun change of climate....

Green DRagon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 12:49:10 |Display all floors

Reply #20 peterb's post

Hi peter. I'm sure many of us take notice of TVs posts and some are very good, if not controversial.
Now about Chinas' economic, therefore military and diplomatic growth. I highly doubt that this is possible to guarantee without extraordinarily safe and guatanteed access to raw materials and energy commodities to ensure them. I've said before, the future still belongs to Nth America because of their huge advantage in oil shale and oil sands reserves. It's that commodity that powers the world today and for the foreseeable future. Bear in mind that they can and will still be able to feed themselves and have access to easily securable fresh water. Anything else will be just pipe dreams I think!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-10 16:46:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2008-7-10 09:35

Sorry <he who shall not be named>, (maybe named Wassim Chao?) - but the road to hell is paved with good ...
Xin-award_VValletcd.jpg
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.