Views: 3495|Replies: 8

Should China join the Viking pirate club ie. The G8? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-7-7 12:47:20 |Display all floors
I see that some of the G8 members are intending to invite China to join the Viking pirate club ie. The G8. But I don't think China should join this club because it could only tarnish the image of China.

Just take a look at this club, with the exception of Japan, all of the rests were either founded or dominated by the Norse pirates called Vikings. On top of that, the only Asian country, Japan is in fact the best disciple of the Viking pirates in the whole world. It even adopted a “leaving Asia” policy since the Meiji revolution and became a Non-Norse Norse pirate.

I see that the only country in G8 that has managed to shed off Viking influence is Russia. Even though Russia was founded by the Viking pirate group called the Rus, the Viking influence has diminished after the Rus government was overthrown by Lenin in the 1920s. But even Russia is not a full member of G8. It is often excluded from meetings that are only participated by the G7 countries that often exclude non-Norse pirates and colonists.

So should China join the Viking pirate club?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-7 13:50:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bigstick at 2008-7-7 12:47
I see that some of the G8 members are intending to invite China to join the Viking pirate club ie. The G8. But I don't think China should join this club because it ...

China shld join the Moon club......
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-8 04:36:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bigstick at 2008-7-7 14:47
Should China join the Viking pirate club ie. The G8?

Well "bigstick" should join the "Currently undergoing treatment for paranoid schizophrenia" club.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-8 06:33:26 |Display all floors

GSODP

I once proposes the acronym above that stood for Genocide,Slavery and Opium trade Dependant
Populations for these countries and their hangers on.It could be pronounced "sod".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-8 06:52:38 |Display all floors
Peter, you're not good for anything, are you? Not good for argument and not good for acronyms.

Maybe you should have tried to be less inclusive and just went with "Slavery and Oppression Dependent Societies" or "SODS" for short.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-8 07:24:46 |Display all floors
Vikings? That's a new one.

I don't think the G8 even serves a purpose now. I don't see why China should join such a meaningless organization.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-8 09:40:14 |Display all floors

VIKINGS!

Since this thread is all about Vikings, and Bigstick clearly loves Vikings even more than the rest of us, I thought I'd start a list of reasons why Vikings were really cool.  Feel free to join in, people!  Seriously, who doesn't think Vikings were cool?

1. Longboats.  Long, as the name suggests, cleverly designed, and with a dragon's head at one end.  Great.
2. Big axes.  Who doesn't love big axes?
3. Mead.  Sweet, very alcoholic, homebrewed, and apparently it produced hangovers bad enough to make you want to go and burn a church.
4. Names.  Hrothgar.  Bjorn Bjornsson.  Grimur.  Scary, scary names.
5. Sagas.  I'd love to sit around the fire and hear a good saga.
6. Runes.  Like other writing, but better.  Look good on stones.
7. Gods.  Known for getting drunk, fighting giants, throwing thunder around, and generally being as irresponsible as gods can be.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.