- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 366 Hour
- Reading permission
Since this thread is all about Vikings, and Bigstick clearly loves Vikings even more than the rest of us, I thought I'd start a list of reasons why Vikings were really cool. Feel free to join in, people! Seriously, who doesn't think Vikings were cool?|
1. Longboats. Long, as the name suggests, cleverly designed, and with a dragon's head at one end. Great.
2. Big axes. Who doesn't love big axes?
3. Mead. Sweet, very alcoholic, homebrewed, and apparently it produced hangovers bad enough to make you want to go and burn a church.
4. Names. Hrothgar. Bjorn Bjornsson. Grimur. Scary, scary names.
5. Sagas. I'd love to sit around the fire and hear a good saga.
6. Runes. Like other writing, but better. Look good on stones.
7. Gods. Known for getting drunk, fighting giants, throwing thunder around, and generally being as irresponsible as gods can be.