Author: yuan_zcen

How is DL in your eyes? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-7-7 13:06:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thepeop at 2008-7-7 13:58
For sure, there are plenty of living Buddhas out there.  I didn't mean the only 'highest living Buddha', because I am not a Buddhist and it depends on who you talk to.  My point is that for an unce ...

I think that his religious significance cannot be ignored.

This sounds better. I don't deny this but am still of the opinion that he has no right, whatsoever, to meddle in politics or to 'lead' in T b. These times have gone, fortunately.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-7 14:15:36 |Display all floors
Terrorist .

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-7-7 21:07:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-7-7 16:54

Maybe we are witnessing the CCP's first toeing a foreigner's line of 'reasoning'? China's ruling clique in Schatzhi's pocket?

They don't need any foreign advice. They have years of experience with him and his foot soldiers. They know better than anybody else how to deal with him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-7 21:24:34 |Display all floors

Dala Lama

is (was?) a Chinese citizen with a big ego and a grievance against the Chinese government.

Note1: This is not to say whether the grievance is justified or not.
Note2: I wish he would take up French and American citizenships and go live in Paris and Hollywood.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-8 02:19:03 |Display all floors
Seneca is correct: he's a leader.

I think that most of what gets said about him here isn't accurate and most of it seems more rooted in prejudice than anything else, it is certainly not congruous with the impression I got when meeting him.

He's certainly not a "fake monk" and the basis for that accusation I've seen so far is about as sound as that for "Dr. Williams is a fake bishop", they simply don't agree with him (which is fine) but I find it odd that this becomes a basis for claims of fact. I also don't see any evidence for much of what the Chinese accuse him of.

He has certainly wanted to split off from China for most of the last 50 years or so, but I've also never seen a single decent argument for why that's actually a problem.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-7-8 09:03:39 |Display all floors
I think he's some kind of embodiment of something religious for the Tbtans, kinda like the Pope is for Catholics and Mohammed was for Muslims and Jesus was for Christians. Politics, I'll stay out of that one!

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2008-7-8 13:05:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-7-8 11:25

So why do they try to brainwash the international public with such daft pseudo-questions and why do they privilege your views over mine?

Bad-mouthing a noted and respected public person of  ...

So why do they try to brainwash the international public with such daft pseudo-questions

What you call 'brainwash', others consider as reporting facts.

and why do they privilege your views over mine?

I don't think that they privilege my views. It just happens that I have a similar perception about him whereas you promote an anti China stance.

Bad-mouthing a noted and respected public person of the D.L.'s standing can only happen for PR reasons; it can't happen in the interest of truth and complete information.

You see, here again you prove what I did say before. You're not even willing to concede the right of others to think about the monk ( pls. note, I didn't say fake monk this time   ) differently from you. He is a holy man for you, for others who judge him by his actions, he is just a notorious liar and trouble maker (I repeat myself). C'est la vie.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.